Original Colour....... Worth the expense??

The Bamboo is brilliant! But I wonder if a bamboo to red back to bamboo would be seen as less than original anyway? Wouldn't the type of buyer and/or collector into a car like this want originality in a more untouched form? Ie never painted?

Just wondering...

Serious money paid for cars = serious collector. Serious collectors look for originality. 

The car would absolutely be worth more in its original colour especially knowing how rare it is. So many restored cars have had colour changes back to original and still fetch big dollars so as long as its done properly you'll never know anyway. 

As to if this is a worthwhile exercise in the close future, well we already know the answer to that.  ;)  :)

No doubt it is rare...but rare doesn't always equal collectible.   There has to be a desire to own rare colours.  Otherwise something very rare like a Renault Fuego would fetch top dollar.  

IMO once it is repainted then it's not a true survivor original.  That is OK.  But as for going from bamboo->red->bamboo - if the final paint is done correctly (and that would probably involve stripping back the red) then it wouldn't matter how many iterations it went through as long as the final finish is top quality and matched the paint code for the car.   But if you're going originality, you have to do it properly and that includes interior, wheels, options, engine...

Personally I love originality and survivor cars but that is just me.  I don't have the cash to become a collector.

No doubt it is rare...but rare doesn't always equal collectible.   There has to be a desire to own rare colours.  Otherwise something very rare like a Renault Fuego would fetch top dollar.  

I agree, but thankfully we are not talking about a Renault Fuego! ;)  :D  

Archived