Ice green metallic Carrera 3.0 restoration

Ben C3.o

Great thread - not to long and great photos.  In fact it has inspired me to bite the bullet and pull the tank out of my 3.2 to tidy up around the front of the frunk and repaint the battery area floor and probably the tank itself as my next job for it. 

love that thread- it's nice seeing a car so clean and new! have done it a couple of times myself and the man hours is a big task :)

Great thread - not to long and great photos.  In fact it has inspired me to bite the bullet and put the tank out of my 3.2 to tidy up around the front of the frunk and repaint the battery area floor and probably the tank itself as my next job for it. 

well worth it :) don't have a before pic but i'm sure you know how dirty it gets up front!

FQZHsIX.jpg

Gl5CFVL.jpg

uJQmoyl.jpg

hey clutch-monkey, how did you strip the tank? just paint stripper?

and did you use that POR15 stuff on the inside? I'm afraid my tank is full of crap

That car is amazingly well restored.

But let's put it to the vote : could you go out and start driving it normally again, or is it now a museum showpiece trailer queen?

I would find it very hard to put that thing within a country mile of a puddle or a dusty car park.

Archived