997s

Merv

On my old 911 with the early natural finish Fuchs, I always use a light coating of any decent stainless steel cleaner.  It reduces adhesion of the dust.  I will be getting ceramic front pads when mine on the 997 are due for replacement.

I've got hawk hps on my other cars. Brake dust issue almost totally gone. Stopping power a bit reduced. Not unsafe though. You'll just have to relearn your pedal pressure...

The rotors on Pelican are cheaper ($40.00 - $130.00) than the pads ($200+)

Freight for pads   $70-80

Freight for rotors $500 +

look on Merv`s face Priceless

(unless pelican have become all warm and fuzzy to its OS customers since I last checked)

Yeah they can be expensive.  Still maybe it is because I have buy quite a few parts from them, I seem to get a pretty good deal. .  At least I did on the last rotors I received and my freight on Porterfield pads was less than a quarter of that above.  I see that DBA here has rotors for about $300 now.  I was suggesting Steve that the prices of rotors and quality pads are getting closer these days and they both wear.

Yeah they can be expensive.  Still maybe it is because I have buy quite a few parts from them, I seem to get a pretty good deal. .  At least I did on the last rotors I received and my freight on Porterfield pads was less than a quarter of that above.  I see that DBA here has rotors for about $300 now.  I was suggesting Steve that the prices of rotors and quality pads are getting closer these days and they both wear.

I did the exercise a couple of years back and got the shock of my life re the freight ,and after about 30,000 will need to do it again soon my factory pads still look like new but the rotors are starting to look quite worn, I would not like to turn up the volume on rotor wear,   (Come back home asbestos all is forgiven) 

I think that DBA and BWA can provide many similarly priced parts here now? I did price comparison for several PP items recently with Australian providers and it was in favour of the locals.  Pity about asbestos Steve.  I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived