Kids in the back of a 911

Cal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, she turns four in December, but is technically tall enough to be in a booster now, it's just something I'm going to get into an argument with the cops over so I'm happy to wait. My almost six-year-old is already too big for a booster, that one I'm happy to take on, but not for the little one. (I'm blaming my wife's six-foot-four father for all this hassle with over-sized kids.)

No, but having these means that in my case I don't need them. Child number two will be ready to go into a booster seat in the next couple of months, so I only need three-point belts as the booster doesn't require a restraint.

My point was more that from all the research I'd done before pulling out the shelf cover, my car (1976) shouldn't have these. Well worth digging around to see what's there, and that a California SC from the eighties may not be the best reference point.

Ha, except that my car is also an 80s ca car.

Yup, she turns four in December, but is technically tall enough to be in a booster now, it's just something I'm going to get into an argument with the cops over so I'm happy to wait. My almost six-year-old is already too big for a booster, that one I'm happy to take on, but not for the little one. (I'm blaming my wife's six-foot-four father for all this hassle with over-sized kids.)

so this is why you're waiting to do work on the 912! it's easier as the kids get older

This is also why I still have a rooted gearbox in mine :)

If I wait long enough, they'll be old enough to do the engine rebuild for me. I guess by that stage they won't fit in the back at all anymore … 

We had a Britax fitted to the back of the 997 a few weeks back. My 1 year old loves it!

So great to take the whole family in the Targa....I even get a pram in as well. Perfect family car!

Which one did you end up getting?

What about the pram - what type? In the frunk?

Sounds like a tardis!

We had a Britax fitted to the back of the 997 a few weeks back. My 1 year old loves it!

So great to take the whole family in the Targa....I even get a pram in as well. Perfect family car!

What about the pram - what type? In the frunk?

Sounds like a tardis!

Haha! That's exactly what a 997 Targa is ....a tardis. The rear glass hatchbatch makes for very easy solution to the baby/ pram thing.

You're right about the pram thing though, we actually have a Bugaboo Buffalo but it's just massive to move around so we bought a SteelCraft Agile and it fits perfectly in the rear with the seat folded down. So I still get the front to carry stuff.

Perfect family car

Ah! The targa effect...

I'll grab the dimensions of the SteelCraft off their site and see if will fit in my frunk!

Haha! That's exactly what a 997 Targa is ....a tardis. The rear glass hatchbatch makes for very easy solution to the baby/ pram thing.

You're right about the pram thing though, we actually have a Bugaboo Buffalo but it's just massive to move around so we bought a SteelCraft Agile and it fits perfectly in the rear with the seat folded down. So I still get the front to carry stuff.

Perfect family car

Archived