Who'a up for a cars and coffee run in Adelaide?

Don't know if anyone has organised anything in Adelaide in the past. Not even sure how many crow eaters there are on here. But if you're interested in a bit of a get together in the new year let us know.

Well if we get enough interest, probably leave it til all the Christmas festivities are over and done with. I was thinking around the weekend of 17th & 18th of January, or early February. Something simple. Open to suggestions as to morning or late arvo, Saturday or Sunday, and what they'd like to do. I'm happy to organise something.

Forgot about the tour. Leave it with me guys and I'll check the event calendar.

By the way Tit,when were you in Adelaide and it rocked? I've lived here all my life and haven't experienced it. Lol.

January is usually good. The vibe from the tour, then the comedy and fringe festivals all back to back.

Plus I love the Adelaide hills. I don't live there, so leaving means I generally experience Adelaide as a guest, not a resident...

Forgot about the tour. Leave it with me guys and I'll check the event calendar.

By the way Tit,when were you in Adelaide and it rocked? I've lived here all my life and haven't experienced it. Lol.

First of all, how long should one of these SMT's go for? Interstaters, please lend your experience here.

I was thinking of something like meet at eagle on the hill. Drive to mylor via Stirling and aldgate and stop for coffee. There is a good little cafe there with an outdoor area. Then possibly on to Clarendon via mt bold road. Bakery brekkie and another coffee.

Do you want some less windy stuff?

As an alternative to mt bold, mylor to echunga, mt barker, Littlehampton, nairne, kanmantoo (regroup), then onto freeway at callington and back to the prancing pony at mt barker for a beer. Then home.

Open to suggestions.

Athelstone, Cuddly Creek, Fox Creek, Lenswood, Basket range, Ashton, Sommertown, Crafers, Aldgate, Mylor, Echunga, Macclesfield, Strathalbyn, Paris Creek, Meadows, Kangarilla, Claredndon, Coromandel Valley, Belair, Unley.

See you all at Athelston with a tank of fuel and fresh tyres.

Athelstone, Cuddly Creek, Fox Creek, Lenswood, Basket range, Ashton, Sommertown, Crafers, Aldgate, Mylor, Echunga, Macclesfield, Strathalbyn, Paris Creek, Meadows, Kangarilla, Claredndon, Coromandel Valley, Belair, Unley.

See you all at Athelston with a tank of fuel and fresh tyres.

Mate, if we did that route we'd have nothing left for next time.

What about something like this?

Meet at Campbelltown public library carpark - Anderson Crt (off Montacute road)

Drive to Lobethal via;

L @ Montacute Road

L @ Corkscrew Rd

L  @ Gorge Rd

R @ Cuddlee Creek Rd

Regroup

Drive to Mylor via;

Adelaide - Lobethal Rd (keep right at main corner then continue thru Lenswood)

L @ Deviation Rd

R @ Greenhill Rd (Carey Gully)

L @ Rangeview Dve

Continue on Old carey Gully Rd

R @ Old Mt Barker Rd

L @ Gould Rd

R @ Pomona Rd (into Stirling)

L @ Mt Barker Rd (roundabout)

Continue on Strathalbyn Rd (Aldgate)

Stop @ Mylor (Harvest Cafe) for coffee.  New owners.  Went there recently for breakfast.  Was good.

R @ Leslie Creek Rd

L @ Bradbury Rd

Continue on Mt Bold Rd

Continue on Dorset Vale Rd

L @ Cherry Gardens Rd

R @ Main Rd (Coromandel Valley)

L @ Sheperds Hill Rd

L @ Coromandel Pde

Stop @ Montagna Cafe 11/10 Coromandel Pde. Blackwood

93km total (approx. 1.75 hrs driving time)

Just an example of course.  Subject to road conditions at the time.

As my car will probably be apart from Xmas until late January for some maintenance and mods, I'm out in the hills today making the most of it...

Not much traffic and a beautiful cool day, perfect for a 911 with no a/c!

(Hello to the yellow 944 who gave me a wave near Magill, while acting as a wedding car)

Archived