Waiting for my Porsche

I joined PFA several weeks ago having taken my first leap into the world of vintage Porsche ownership and feeling that after such a special purchase I would join a community dedicated to those who might understand the reasons why I would make this purchase in the first place (wife doesn't)

I am now the proud owner of a silver 930, 1984, 1 of only 166 original RHD delivered into Australia (thanks PFA for that fact finding mission), dark blue interior, receipts, low kms,...blah, blah blah.

Yep I own this fabulous machine,......but i haven't actually got it yet.

Why am I waiting? Well sir, we just need to fix this and that dash needs to come out and we haven't got it back yet and the windscreen can't go back in until we have, and the paint has been fixed but I haven't had time to get it on the hoist yet and check for...and maybe next Wednesday or at least by the end of the week but i can't book in the transporter until I get it back from those guys and we are still waiting for the dash from...

You get my point?

I live in a world where making the right decisions, quickly, has served me well. Am I too impatient for this vintage game?

I gave a stranger a fistful of USD last August.    I then had to wait until January 15 to actually drive the car for the first time.     

But, after driving my car for now 4 weeks (note to self...must make another post) I have not even thought about that LONG LONG LONG FIVE MONTH WAIT.   It drove me mad....I bought lots of Porsche magazines and books.......but the drive quickly eradicates any pain from waiting .

Then there is the pain of the compliance costs  :blink:

Archived