PDLS Plus

Justinsane

I have a new Boxster GTS. Love the car. 

It has PDLS Plus. I can't seem to get the High Beam Assist to work.

Is this feature disabled in Australia?

http://www.porsche.com/australia/models/boxster/boxster-gts/safety/porsche-dynamic-light-system-pdls/

The owners manual doesn't have any information regarding PDLS Plus features.

I have followed the instructions on online manual without success. E.g. Turn on in the Settings Menu, Lights in Auto Mode, Night Driving, over 60 etc.

Hi Justinsane, i have a similar feature on our Benz.

Its difficult to get it to operate in the burbs as it sees the street lights and your4 speed is often not high enough for long enough....

But when working its an incredibly intuitive system.  it really does detect on coming cars, cars you are following and in the case of the Benz it will dip the righthand headlight so as not to blind the oncoming drive but leave the left side one slightly elevated so you have a good view of the whats on the side of the road.

Hope you get it worked out..

BTW great car, lucky you!  

Pics are good 

Hi Justinsane, i have a similar feature on our Benz.

Its difficult to get it to operate in the burbs as it sees the street lights and your4 speed is often not high enough for long enough....

But when working its an incredibly intuitive system.  it really does detect on coming cars, cars you are following and in the case of the Benz it will dip the righthand headlight so as not to blind the oncoming drive but leave the left side one slightly elevated so you have a good view of the whats on the side of the road.

Hope you get it worked out..

BTW great car, lucky you!  

Pics are good 

I have had the same experience with my MB.

When driving down country lanes with trees close to the roadside the high beam will not come on.  I think the system is tricked into thinking the car is in a narrow suburban street.  I stand to be corrected though.

Congrats Justine.

You can post your pics like this, using the insert [image] and pasting the direct link from photobucket.

IMG_1107_zpsd3uj5x0d.jpg

I have a new Boxster GTS. Love the car. 

It has PDLS Plus. I can't seem to get the High Beam Assist to work.

Is this feature disabled in Australia?

http://www.porsche.com/australia/models/boxster/boxster-gts/safety/porsche-dynamic-light-system-pdls/

The owners manual doesn't have any information regarding PDLS Plus features.

I have followed the instructions on online manual without success. E.g. Turn on in the Settings Menu, Lights in Auto Mode, Night Driving, over 60 etc.

This might be of interest Justin.   Congrats on the new car, I am extremely envious...

Join us on a run if you can...   Good luck with the car.

http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/78124-bixenon-headlights-vs-bixenon-pdls-3.html

Thank you all. I love driving it! It does seem to attract a fair amount of attention. More than I was expecting.

At the local bottle shop, I had a guy ask me "if it runs on Crownies", as I was loading items into the front boot. lol.

During a takeout drive thru, I was asked "is this the V10?" I assume they where thinking of the Carrera GT.

I have also been asked if I'm a doctor. Since only doctors can drive Porsches? lol

Each day at least one person winds down their window and talk to me at the lights.

Often when I come back to the car, I have a few people looking at it, if I'm on a busy street.

I've also had a guy in a XR6 try and race me at the lights only to get busted doing, at a guess 150+ in a 80 zone. I tried not to grin too much when passing him doing the speed limit. 

I'm sure others must have some funny stories.

I don't know about other Porsche's but the Boxster GTS with Sports Exhaust on makes a hell of a noise (in a good way, like music to my ears at least). I really wonder how it passed ADR testing.

Are their social clubs around Melbourne?

Ian: what is SMT? sorry I feel a bit lame.

Maybe I should start a new thread and introduce myself.

Hi Justin,

Have a look here

http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/forum/91-sunday-morning-targa-rendevous-events-etc/

its simply when we get together and go for a drive...

In Vic we've been known to have 30+ cars on a single run.

Great bunch of people with a common interest and no politics, hard to believe but it just works  B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Justin, regarding your Crownie story I had the same thing at a bottle shop too. As I was loading Heinekens into the front boot a guy passing by says ."aahhh so that's what they run on.."

The car looks great mate get along to an SMT as soon as you can ...very good fun!

PS Im in Beaconsfield too!!! Look out for a Black Cayman S I'd love to have a closer look at your ride.

Archived