Porsche Design Automatic Watch Service/Repair

I have a Porsche Design P6612 [Titanium] that needs to be reapaired/serviced. What's the best shop in Australia [preferebly Bris - but I doubt it] to do this? The watch is a keeper and I know I'm going to have to spend a bit of $$'s to fix it... but really want the repair and service done properly. Thanks in advance!

Any watch and clock repairer worth their salt will do a fine job. They are the last of the true craftsmen. There is a place in the Adelaide cbd called Adelaide Antique Watch Restorations. He works on all the best movements. Rolex, Heuer, Longines, Omega, and so on. I'm thinking of taking one of my antique pocket watches there to get checked over. Heard good things about him.

After looking a bit more about your watch it appears that it uses an ETA (Eterna) 2894-2 automatic chronograph movement .  The 2894-2 incorporates a traditional base with a self-contained chronograph module. According to the people on the National Association Of Watch & Clock Collectors (another forum I frequent) the 2894-2 chronograph module is only serviceable by the factory. Repairs typically consist of replacing the module entirely.  Still worth a call to one of the vintage watch places though for their opinion.  ETA was Eterna's movement subsidiary.

Out of interest, Eterna has been owned by Citychamp Watch & Jewellery Group Limited (formerly known as China Haidain) since 2011, & Porsche Design abandoned their agreement with Eterna in 2014.

Archived