Are prices softening?

I think it really is too hard to track prices given sales are not reported and volume is not really known. All we are left with is asking prices and time on market.

The asking price run up in early cars was sudden and big so no doubt a few people are knocking it down to try and get a sale.

The premium cars ran and everything else followed... What you will find is prices settling on cars that need spend or "lack provenance" for better use of the language as someone else posted a few weeks back..

A top grade car will always pull the money, the buoyancy of the market will dictate how long it sits before a buyer snaps it up.

I see similar things happening locally, a couple of premium SC's trade at 50 to 60 and almost overnight a flurry of other cars seemed to pop up in that bracket...

The premium cars ran and everything else followed... What you will find is prices settling on cars that need spend or "lack provenance" for better use of the language as someone else posted a few weeks back..

A top grade car will always pull the money, the buoyancy of the market will dictate how long it sits before a buyer snaps it up.

I see similar things happening locally, a couple of premium SC's trade at 50 to 60 and almost overnight a flurry of other cars seemed to pop up in that bracket...

Many people waiting in the sidelines to either get their money back on a car purchased long ago or flip within in a few years for a profit.

It's so hard to track tho - even our long thread that is going, doesn't give much of an idea as most posts are links to adverts that can no longer be seen.  Be good for people to post a bit more info about the cars,  year, color, mileage and price for each one - then be some history of prices on PFA?  MIght help when looking back?  Just an idea.

I don't see any evidence that "premium Porsche" pricing is softening in Australia.  Tracking the prices on CTS and at Autohaus is one way to measure the trend.  Those two low km 993TT at CTS sold within 2-3 days and both at ~$200k . . . same cars would have been $160k-$180k one year ago.  Kicking myself for not buying at Silver 993TT in WA that was for sale at $155k.

Archived