Wow never again ...

Bought the soda blaster kit on eBay  $140.00  you can buy the bead for around $50 for 25kg , made my own booth just big enough for parts ect , with a plastic tub and some clear plastic to stop bead going in your face and everywhere  ......  although some gloves and a face shield  and goggles works too .... And you need a compressor,

You will always use it so its not a waste , the Soda blaster kit  is fine for bead blasting  .

images_zpsog5rhlnj.jpg

Fantastic effort, congratulations.   Having been there myself, I feel your pain.  I did mine about 3 years back and touch wood, it hasn't oxidised away, just yet!   Whilst not wishing to rain on your parade, to complete the detail work, you need to re-fit the small black plastic cover that affixes to the nut on the fan/alternator pulley.

Fantastic effort, congratulations.   Having been there myself, I feel your pain.  I did mine about 3 years back and touch wood, it hasn't oxidised away, just yet!   Whilst not wishing to rain on your parade, to complete the detail work, you need to re-fit the small black plastic cover that affixes to the nut on the fan/alternator pulley.

It never had one i will have to look into it ?

have you got a pic of what it looks like 

I find if you're performing any detail work, the original brochures are often a really good source of info.  Here's a shot of the 3.2 engine from the 1986 911 Carrera Brochure, and you can see the little black cap :)

L1260930_zpseghm3k9u.jpg

What's the purpose of that cover? Aero?  Very un-Porsche like if it's in the engine bay and has no function.

It provides a significant improvement in cd as you fly off the road backwards :)

Archived