Boxster GTS

Alan

Its been a while since I posted something on the forum. Just needed to share my excitement with those that understand. I recently traded in the Boxster S for a new Boxster GTS. Very happy. Any other Boxster GTS owners out there?

IMG_0628.JPG

Hi Chris - just spoke with David so I know why you are asking. I have the base "Sports Seats Plus 2-way Electric" seats and I am perfectly happy with them. They are leather / alcantara, very comfy and adequately adjustable. They seem to be standard on all GTS models. At the end of the day one does not tend to shift them once you have sorted out your driving position. I had the 18-way adjustable in my previous Boxster S and the only thing I miss with these is you lose the passenger mirror dipping when parralel parking. This is part of the memory package feature that come with the 18-way electric seats. That said, at $6,800 I can live without it!

Thanks for the very good explanation Alan. From what I can tell the 18 ways have higher bolsters which is what I am after. I am going to sit in some at PCM tomorrow and then make the decision on which way to go.....

Great looking car congratulations

speaking of seats, a few times i've got in and out of a car with the alcantara inserts in the seats i wonder about the wear factor as you twist to in and out.

I'm sure they are grippy and make your bum stick to the one spot but do they wear over time?

Anyone had any longer term experience with that?

I have been reading up about the Alcantara seats and steering wheels on other forums and from what I have read they seem to have the same sort of wear rate as leather if they are looked after. I just take the view that eventually everything wears to some degree and if I need to get it recovered I will....

I cannot comment on wear rates but really like the feel of the car interior with the leather / alcantara combo. I struggled with that decision but am happy with the choice. 

Hi Alan, congratulations on the GTS, looks like a very nice package in White with Black wheels.

How do you find the sports exhaust, any drone?  Is the button On more than Off?

Cheers Garry

Moving from the S to GTS has made quite a big difference but not really in terms of power. What has made the big difference is the far more aggressive feel and sound (sports exhaust, sports suspension, PASM) and the interior trim and features) Bose, leather / alcantara, auto dimming mirrors, etc). I am glad I upgraded.

Garry - the sports exhaust is awesome when you have the roof down and I tend to enjoy it then. With the roof closed it can get a bit much (drone) so I tend to switch it off. That said, the exhaust note is nicer than before even when turned off.

• 3 months later...

Archived