Macan feedback?

DJM

I was surprised no keyless ignition.  Crazy price for Entry & Drive but otherwise my keys will be dangling on my knee giving me the shits.  

Its poor form of Porsche to strip back the spec so much and load up options.  And then slug you $14k on roads including $7k dealer delivery.  Joke.  And what's with no rear AC outlets unless you cough up more $$.  A bit over it so I told the sales rep I'll wait and see what a bit of competition from GLC does to their pricing.   No rush.

Doug.  I agree.  I had a Macan in order once the list price was published but pulled out when they revealed the dealer delivery was $7k.  Absolute BS.  With audi giving $10k discounts on new base model q5s and bmw doing $8k on the x3 the real world price difference in substantial.  Then new glc pricing is amazing - although the big power engines are not released yet.

Anyway, I bought a 993 instead and am VERY happy with that!

Luke

I was surprised no keyless ignition.  Crazy price for Entry & Drive but otherwise my keys will be dangling on my knee giving me the shits.  

Its poor form of Porsche to strip back the spec so much and load up options.  And then slug you $14k on roads including $7k dealer delivery.  Joke.  And what's with no rear AC outlets unless you cough up more $$.  A bit over it so I told the sales rep I'll wait and see what a bit of competition from GLC does to their pricing.   No rush.

Do we really think that will make a difference? I don't... I think that both the GLC & Macan will continue to bring new buyers to their respective makers whilst cannibalising sales from other premium mid size SUV makers! 

GLC is definitley a good option! 

RE: MB's GLC 

I see some standard equipment and driveway pricing has been released! 

Impressive list of standard equipment I must say, so I plugged in all those "options" to a S Diesel Macan, drive away price = $121,691.00 ( view spec here - http://www.porsche-code.com/PGSDLC62 )

That is with NO personal options or metallic paint etc, that is just to get it to the same equipment level of the GLC250d 

The GLC250d is $76,110.27  

$45,580.73 premium for the Macan S Diesel... the 60% premium is hard to ignore isn't it Doug? :lol:

Surely that has to influence Porsche pricing or at least encourage inclusion of some spec items.  Or failing that, maybe used prices will be hit because lower cost competitors will provide more choice for buyers. 

The interesting comparison will be Macan S vs GLC450 and Macan Turbo vs GLC63 (TT V8)

a 250d won't cut the mustard for me though. Not sure if Merc plan a 3L diesel?   

Surely that has to influence Porsche pricing or at least encourage inclusion of some spec items.  Or failing that, maybe used prices will be hit because lower cost competitors will provide more choice for buyers. 

The interesting comparison will be Macan S vs GLC450 and Macan Turbo vs GLC63 (TT V8)

a 250d won't cut the mustard for me though. Not sure if Merc plan a 3L diesel?   

Agree, the 250d will be too pedestrian... 

We are set to order Macan Turbo in October when we get back from the US... now my better half say we should think about waiting for details on GLC 63.... I do struggle to see how the 63 could undercut the Macan Turbo's 140k drive away pricing... but stranger things have happened. 

I don't think they're going to offer a bigger TDI mill OR the plug in hybrid for that matter. 

• 2 months later...

One criticism - Nav is nowhere near as good/clear/intuitive as BMW professional Nav but no big deal.

As I know you are still a player, I just thought I'd respond to this now I have the information, 2016 build cars for AU will now get PCM 4.0 with Apple CarPlay... I am pretty thrilled about this addition. 

21105080610_ea934177f1_b.jpg

21105297488_2589f182c7_b.jpg

preview.jpg?pool=multimedia&type=image&i

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/electronics/81841-discussion-new-porsche-infotainment-center.html 

.  And what's with no rear AC outlets unless you cough up more $$. 

A small price increase is coming for 2016 because of Fx, but they are adding equipment... 3 zone becomes standard for AU. 

Called into PCB today to get a quote and they confirmed PCM 4.0 applies to all new orders.  Agree it looks and probably works a lot better.  They did say we get an abbreviated version without Car Connect and other Euro features (as is normal!)

They happened to have a dark blue Macan Turbo customer car there, really like the colour after so many black and white ones.

now just to crunch a deal.....

Called into PCB today to get a quote and they confirmed PCM 4.0 applies to all new orders.  Agree it looks and probably works a lot better.  They did say we get an abbreviated version without Car Connect and other Euro features (as is normal!)

They happened to have a dark blue Macan Turbo customer car there, really like the colour after so many black and white ones.

now just to crunch a deal.....

Good to hear mate! I think that Dark Metallic Blue looks good with the Sport designs or sport classic wheels. :) 

interested to hear what you negotiate! From my experience the less options the less margin the less discount :lol: try negotiate in no cost options! 

Good luck

PS: 

not sure this will interest you? I saw the wait list at the dealer for it on the weekend.... Could be an option for high spec S buyers? 

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/macan-gts/

Archived