AH Bugeye to 05 987S....

JohnN

I recently sold a much loved Bugeye sprite which I have had for about 5 years. It was around 700kgs and handled like it was on rails. I rebuilt the engine (every nut and bolt) 3 times and was wringing its neck to get close to 150hp ... which made it quite quick...

Fast Fwd to Monday this week and I collected my (new to me) 05 987S ..... handles as well (almost ;)) as the bugeye but when you put the foot down the power difference forces a wide grin! ... does it ever go away?

Some similarities though .... 1960 (55 year old Bugeye) vs. 2005 987S

Hope to learn a lot around here ... very different technology! ;)

cheers

John

Bugeye1.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

Hi John,

Love the bugeye. I have one myself - a hot rod that would horrify the purists - with a Toyota 4AGE and a Sebring front (so not a bugeye in form anymore). I've had it about 10 years but I don't think I could bring myself to get rid of it. I used it as my main car for years - such a lot of fun - maybe even more than the c3.2 and 930.

Pics not so good:

IMG_3906_zpswyvk8ebj.jpg

IMG_3905_zpsuajasznk.jpg

IMG_3907_zpsizese0ua.jpg

What a nice Bugeye... I would have loved to have kept mine also but I dont have the space and I would have needed to get a new wife also! ;)

The Bugeyes punch well above their weight on so many fronts ... but I wont be going back any time soon ... too much fun in the new one.

cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived