Who's up for another drive?  I understand the PCSA Motorkhana is on this Sunday, so how about Sunday 23rd August.  The weather forecast is a sunny 17° with chance of a small shower later in the afternoon. 

Usual thing.  Meet somewhere (TBA) at around 6.30 AM.  Drive somewhere (TBA) for a bench session & grab a coffee.  Drive somewhere else (TBA) and have breakfast.  Go home.  Generally done by 10 or thereabouts, so it leaves the rest of your day free to do things like pull out weeds, wash the dog, fix a leaking tap, et al.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stew, I was only think of you earlier today, hope you are doing ok. I'm in at this stage. Great opportunity to see if the Boxster can match the air cooled pace through the hills. 

Where are you thinking of heading?

Cheers

Sounds good, will see if I can manage 4 Sunday's in a row as I'm doing the motorkhana this weekend, then have PCSA hill climb and PCSA sprint the two following Sunday's and off to Phillip Island early September....

Sounds good, will see if I can manage 4 Sunday's in a row as I'm doing the motorkhana this weekend, then have PCSA hill climb and PCSA sprint the two following Sunday's and off to Phillip Island early September....

Got a full card there mate.

Hi Stew, I was only think of you earlier today, hope you are doing ok. I'm in at this stage. Great opportunity to see if the Boxster can match the air cooled pace through the hills. 

Where are you thinking of heading?

Cheers

Not sure yet.  I had a quick think about it today, but work got in the way.   Open to suggestions.  I'm working at Lonsdale for a couple of weeks and have been traveling via Echunga, Meadows, Kangarilla, Clarendon, then into Morphett Vale.  I go past some "interesting " looking back roads that I'm about to google.

Got a full card there mate.

Not sure yet.  I had a quick think about it today, but work got in the way.   Open to suggestions.  I'm working at Lonsdale for a couple of weeks and have been traveling via Echunga, Meadows, Kangarilla, Clarendon, then into Morphett Vale.  I go past some "interesting " looking back roads that I'm about to google.

there is some great roads in there!

there is some great roads in there!

That's for sure.  But unfortunately I've only been driving my Suzuki Swift.  On the wet roads, even with 70 kw, ESP & ABS & all that stuff, it's exposed my lack of talent.  :lol:

I went out today and did a bit of a reconnaissance run on some back roads around Scott Creek CP / Mt Bold area.  Mt Bold Rd is a really good drive, but it turns into a well made hard gravel road for about 3km, then back into bitumen again.  Comes out at Cherry Gardens.  My car is filthy now.

How about this for next week? 

Meet at Rymill Park, Rundle Rd. At 6.30 - 7am.  Travel to Lobethal via Rundle Rd, L @ Fullarton Rd, R @ Magill Rd, L @ St Bernards Rd, R @ Montacute Rd, thru Marble Hill, L @ Pound Rd, Continue on Knotts Hill Rd, R @ Hunters Rd, L @ Lobethal Rd, R @ Collins Hill Rd, R @ Stentiford Rd, L @ Swamp Rd, continue into Lenswood then Lobethal.  Shop should be open to grab a coffee if wanted.  Then head to Mt Barker via Woodside Main St, L @ Tolmer Rd, R @ Nairne Rd, L @ Military Rd, continue on Pyrites Rd (Brukunga), R @ Old Princes Hwy, L @ Bartley St Nairne (church on corner), over Railway xing, veer left on Summit Rd & veer right 500m, under SE Freeway, R @ Springs Rd, into Mt Barker, Dutton Rd, Gawler St, R @ Hutchinson Rd, Continue left on Morphett St, L @ traffic lights, L @ Gawler St.  Gawler St cafe about 300m on right. 

Approx. 80km & 1.40 minutes driving time.

Archived