996 GT3 Owners - I need a pic

spiller

Now that I have your attention...a rather boring request. I'm trying to work out what exactly is contained in the "frunk" organiser of an Aus delivered 996 GT3. I believe I have *most* of the contents of the original tool kit with my car but a look at the PET tells me I am missing at least a few things (e.g. tyre pressure gauge listed in the PET??). I am also unsure as to how the tool kit and other bits and bobs are actually stored within the organiser. The foam section has cut outs and individual spaces for certain tools, yet there is also a black roll up pouch for other tools? Would like to know (and see) how it all fits in nicely beneath the false floor of the frunk.

I figure that the overseas cars may have got some stuff that we didnt. If someone could spare their time to provide a few pics of the tools in their locations and a full list of inventory it would be greatly appreciated! The plan is to order whatever I dont have from Porsche while it is still available.

cheers

This parts diagram should be helpful for the tool roll and seeing if its complete.

FYI The plastic gloves are no longer available from the dealership nor is the red cap on the pole/operating wrench.

Just on this actually, not to thread jack but did the AUS delivered 996s come delivered with the First Aid kit? Have never seen a 996 with one but it is listed in the PET. I should have the GT3 diagram somewhere as well, I think its similar to the 996 Turbo (from memory, although I might be wrong).

Cheers 

ToolKit.JPG

Dan, the GT3s dont have the spare wheel, just the compressor and tyre repair foam (which leads me to believe some of the tools might be different). I am interested as to where the tool bag is actually stored within the organiser - seems odd to have specific inserts for certain tools in the foam cut out as well as the bag to keep the tools? 

EDIT: no spare wheel in the GT3, no jack hence no need for tool bag which contains jack handle etc? 

I do not have the first aid kit for mine so not sure if it was once there or not. I almost ditched the gloves in the bin when I found them whilst sifting through a box of spares (as I had no idea what they were for) - glad I didnt now! I plan on completing what is missing, except for the tyre foam because it has a 4 year life span, plus im not sure where it would be stored?

Dave, thanks for the pic mate. Seems like there weren't many tools in the GT3. According to that pic I am missing the screw driver (what is this for exactly?), the spanner, wheel socket and the first aid kit. Although I have two tow hooks and two wheel guides which is odd.

Thanks edgy, so that's where the tyre goo goes. Looks like one of the previous owner has donated his/her high vis gloves? Or are they a Porsche part?

my car is the only Aussie delivered GT3 with high vis gloves ? 

Have no idea mate TBH ?

Hi all,

Here is the Turbo frunk contents, this is the closest I can get. I dont have the GT3 PET

Still shows the tool kit. The toolkit does not contain the jack, the foam insert that sits in the spare wheel does. The screwdriver is still available from the dealer its $17 needs to come from Germany.

Comes in two parts:

- Handle: 477 012 231 - $9

- Insert (phillips one end, flat head on the other) - $8 

Cheers!

Turbo_Frunk1.JPG

Turbo_Frunk 2.JPG

Thanks for the pic and part no.s Dan, I have the GT3 PET at home - it also includes that illustration of the tool bag but obviously GT3s didn't have the tool kit roll due to not having the spare wheel.

Ahh right! Actually now that I think about it you could look up the GT3 PET on AutoAtlanta too!

Cheers

Ahh right! Actually now that I think about it you could look up the GT3 PET on AutoAtlanta too!

Cheers

I think it's available through the Porsche website too. Dan how are you checking which parts are still available and which are no longer available? Is there a way to do so without ringing the dealer?

I think it's available through the Porsche website too. Dan how are you checking which parts are still available and which are no longer available? Is there a way to do so without ringing the dealer?

I found the GT3 and GT2 PET online from the Porsche site as well.

Only by looking it up on AutoAtlanta and calling the dealer in Melbourne, im sure they love people calling up about packets of discontinued plastic gloves, they must think im crazy! haha

• 3 weeks later...

Archived