What's it worth? A '71 2.2 reco'd engine

My chassis is listed for sale seperately. I have made a substantial offer for this engine already which was declined and now it seems that I am in the middle of all of this debacle.

Just to be 100% clear that I am not affiliated with this engine in any way shape or form. 

My opinion is to buy the chassis and put a higher powered engine in it. 

A low horsepower engine with a nice number on it does not even come near my radar but each to their own. 

Over and out. 

Cairns888 who did you make the substantial offer on the engine to?? Not me mate. Unless I missed a msg or an email from you!

I am getting many calls and messages about the engine, to clarify, the engine is not for sale yet. As most here know, I am restoring a '70T which has its original engine with it but in unknown condition. So I will be keeping the spare one till I finish my car and know for sure that the original engine is in good condition.

Rafik, 

So you didn't receive a cash offer for your engine from myself Jim Cairns via Michel from Canberra who is a financial member on this board?

He told me that you declined and I asked him to pass on an offer from myself of my chassis and a reasonable price to reunite the two. I wasn't prepared to go any higher for an undocumented 2.2T engine on Zeniths with no leak down or compression checks available. The offer was for $6k cash plus I would pay for freight up here. 

I will be very interested in hearing what you know about this. 

Cheers 

Jim 

Grinder @reggiegums

Jim  after speaking with you I contacted rafik and asked if the engine is now for sale. I did not disclose to him you had the chassis, as that was the discussion we had, this included your substantial offer of $6k. I also provided my opinion that 6k doesn't buy a complete 2.2t engine.

I contacted Rafik he reiterated he had been offered previously 11k and the engine not for sale. 

i let you know  Rafiks position and the prev sum Rafik had been offered. I didn't in the end offer Rafik your chassis and as I had given you his mobile, something you could have done.

I also have no financial interest in this discussion. Though knew the numbers matched 

Cheers michel 

Archived