[VIC] Pedal Bikers on PFA

hugh

Hi,

I was out on my weekly Sunday morning ride (Church) and got thinking about any other PFAer's out there hitting up their local dirt or bitumen. My Sunday morning ride is on the Mountain Bike, generally down at Red Hill (Mornington Peninsula) however I would be happy to organise a ride at somewhere more central like Lysterfield if there is interest form any PFAers? You Yangs is also great and would be happy to make the trip across if that is also a preferred destination..................

I'm aware that there are a few roadies among us so would be happy to be a part of this too but I personally prefer the MTB bike and don't want to be seen to contributing to the SMT's worst offenders! :D

So, who's keen to catch up for a ride? Riders from all abilities, fitness and courage are encouraged - with such nice weather on its way and extended daylight hours it might be a nice way to catch up for some P car chat while we burn some fat as opposed to fuel. :)

Let me know your thoughts.............Hugh. 

not a mountain biker but a keen road bike rider.

try to get 2 to 3 rides a week in, usually around 60km each then one long one a fortnight of around 120km

Last long one was from Epping North to mordialloc and back again.

I do also have an old hybrid in the garage, so if something was organised, and i am free on the day, would also be happy to catch up

not a mountain biker but a keen road bike rider.

try to get 2 to 3 rides a week in, usually around 60km each then one long one a fortnight of around 120km

Last long one was from Epping North to mordialloc and back again.

I do also have an old hybrid in the garage, so if something was organised, and i am free on the day, would also be happy to catch up

Sounds like you do a pretty serious amount of Km on the road bike, I used to do 1-2 days a week commute from Frankston South to city (so approx 80km round trip) but not so often at the moment. Unfortunately time has been pretty tight for me so 1-2 hours out on the mountain bike has been my substitute, shorter time frame but with higher intensity.  

Harvey Norman 

Your going to need to help me out here................I'm obviously missing something. :lol:

Hugh I'd be keen.  Used to go MTB'ing with my brother at Red Hill and Lysterfield before he moved to Coffs Harbour a couple of years ago.  Also used to ride Frankston to St Kilda Rd a couple of days a week many years ago and did around the bay in a day one time.

I have a decent road bike and MTB, both have been dormant for a while.  This might be the shove I need to get them tuned and back on the road/trail.  

I'll be around home over Xmas this year and wouldn't mind an excuse to get out on either one.  Get a roof rack for the GT2 and attack a combined SMT/MTB! 

Anyone on here heading to this race on the weekend?

http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/highland-fling

I'm already booked in for the Motorkhana this weekend but there are so many great events out there now. A good friend up stumps a couple of years ago and moved to Bright to start a MTB tour company - he know runs tours all over the world and has a great enduro race series all through the Vic high country. Check out Alpine Gravity if your into this type of events, well worth a look. 

Hugh I'd be keen.  Used to go MTB'ing with my brother at Red Hill and Lysterfield before he moved to Coffs Harbour a couple of years ago.  Also used to ride Frankston to St Kilda Rd a couple of days a week many years ago and did around the bay in a day one time.

I have a decent road bike and MTB, both have been dormant for a while.  This might be the shove I need to get them tuned and back on the road/trail.  

I'll be around home over Xmas this year and wouldn't mind an excuse to get out on either one.  Get a roof rack for the GT2 and attack a combined SMT/MTB! 

I've finally got a good bike system set up for the Porsche, not that I use it often for it but it's nice to have the option. I can now take the Porsche up to Buller of the weekend with the bike - best of both worlds. I'll organise some images, it's all suction mounted and works a treat. 

SMT/MTB is definitely on the cards! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this shows how often I check this section of the forum. I'm a mad keen cyclist, both road and MTB. A lot of last year was spent training for a ride I did in late November. I road 315kms from Melbourne to Deniliquin in a day. The ride was for our own personal achievement but we also raised $26k for Beyondblue which was amazing.

24358110446_5f4dd526b5_z.jpgDiaD by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

If you guys ever put a ride together, preferably on the dirt, count me in. Lysterfield, You Yangs or Red Hill are all good for me. Here's my bike transport system. Yes the front seat folds back.

24384266835_165fa1d999_c.jpgbike in car by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

Archived