'96 993 C2 manual with lots of upgrades

Well, I certainly didn't plan it this way, but a change of circumstances leads me to consider selling "HK993".

It's a Hong Kong delivered 1996 C2 in Polar Silver imported to Australia in July this year. It was delivered as a Tiptronic, but has undergone somewhat of a transformation over the past year and a half. Modifications and upgrades include:

Walrod trim rings
Motor sound airbox
Pioneer DEX-P99RS head unit with iPod mounted in glove box
Focal KR2 speakers
Audison LrX 2.4 amplifier
Tiptronic controls on steering wheel wired to stereo volume/track
Turbo S scoops with LEDs
G50/21 gearbox with RS ratios, Porsche Motorsports 60/40 LSD and 4:1 final drive ratio
Bilstein PSS-10's
Big Red turbo brakes with RS rears
Techna fit braided brake lines
Turbo front bumper
Clear turn signals
Headlight washer delete
Tramont Cup 18" wheels with Michelin PS2's in 285/30 and 225/40
Stock Cup II 17" wheels painted graphite with Nitto NT01's in 255/40 and 225/45
RS adjustable sway bars
RS engine mounts
RS transmission mount
Elephant Racing strut
Elephant Racing bushes
Light Weight Flywheel and RS clutch
RS Gear lever
RS door panels, handles and pulls
RS package box
Gert's front protection bar
Goldenrod and SSK
T-Light HID lights
T-Led kit throughout
T-Lock central locking
Fabspeed X-pipe Sport Cats and tips
Ceramic coated headers
Lakin custom plate brackets
Stable Energies fire extinguisher mount and Amerex 1.1kg extinguisher
Centre vent phone mount and hardwired charging
Rennline screw-in folding tow hook
Leather cup holder
Leather hand brake cover
Heat removed
A/C Compressor replaced in 2012
Alternator replaced in 2013
Steering rack rebuilt in 2014
Full glass out respray with all new seals in 2015
Conversion from tiptronic to manual with all brand new parts in 2015

As purchased in Hong Kong back in 2011:
IMG_2470-XL.jpg
IMG_2474-XL.jpg

Undergoing rebuild and repaint:
IMG-20150418-WA0020-XL.jpg
IMG-20150503-WA0000-XL.jpg

IMG-20150503-WA0004-XL.jpg

Back in Australia:
IMG_0549_Fotor.jpg-XL.jpg
IMG_3107-XL.jpg
3G1A0737-XL.jpg
3G1A0707-XL.jpg

It has approx. 127k km's.

I use it as a daily driver and have done since purchasing in 2011 with 93k km's. It has seen 3 outings to the track since being in Australia.

Note that due to the deletion of the heat exchangers, pipework, blower etc. it has no heat which could be a consideration, but I didn't intend to drive anywhere that that would cause an issue.

I recently serviced it including plugs, Mobil-1 V Twin 20w50, filters, distributors and rotors, lower valve cover gaskets and chain cover grommets, etc. I have the upper valve cover gaskets, but they are dry so not rushing to do them. I also have a full set of hydraulic lifters ready to install should the originals start to get noisy.

It has a couple of small leaks, but nothing more than the occasional drip after sitting for an extended period. Valve covers are perfectly dry. Everything else is perfect with a new gearbox, clutch, brakes, suspension, paint....

It's located in Sydney - northern beaches.

I'm not going to try and guess a price as given that this is an import and modified I'm guessing it won't appeal to everyone. But take a look at the modifications above and you'll see that I have invested a truck load of cash into making my interpretation of a perfect 993.

No intention to do the carsales thing yet as I'm not desperate to sell - and in fact if my current situation changes I may not. But if you're a serious buyer and would like more information then please reach out.

Thanks,
Ross.

:o :o :o

Hi Ross, 

It was nice to meat you & your 993 a few months back on the drive to the hunter, I know you have got some history and share very nice story with that car that started in HK.

I really urge you to reconsider and I also hope your circumstances turnaround so that you can hang on to it, I doubt you'll ever replace it! Its a peach and I would give my first born to have it :lol: (its okay he doesn't read these forums... yet) 

I recently thought of doing the same.. I was just caught in a moment & changed my mind and Im glad I did.

All the best mate. 

cheers

Thanks for the support edgy! Yes, I hope the situation changes also, but if it doesn't then ...

BTW, I thought I should add up the receipts I have from the past 18 months... Probably shouldn't have, but have spent over $75k on the modifications, $20k on importing to Australia.... :o

• 2 months later...

So the time has come to see if it will sell - I'm now officially unemployed, so I need to be realistic about my ability to keep all my toys...

Ad has been uploaded to Carsales. Awaiting approval. Decided to pitch it at $135k and see how it goes from there... Obviously way up at the top end for a 993 C2, but there isn't much out there with the modifications this one has...

Edited with link

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3800821

• 1 year later...

Hi Ross,

I am keen to explore the Tip to Manual conversion - is there any way I can get in touch to discuss your experiences.

Thanks

Tim

@osaka_kid maybe able to help you too. 

Archived