Singer book

turboT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been mentioned that they probably wouldn't pass a roadworthy here. Someone in SA had looked into it, yet the above, and the exorbitant eventual cost of landing one here was the reasons for not ordering

Been mentioned that they probably wouldn't pass a roadworthy here. Someone in SA had looked into it, yet the above, and the exorbitant eventual cost of landing one here was the reasons for not ordering

Good point. You could get some real australian rebuild talent for the money on an existing Aus delivered car perhaps, but imagine it would be risky in terms of value retention (no brand value ).  I would think unless Singer do more mass production, the current vehicles are going to hold value or appreciate irrespective of cost to acquire at the moment.

And if i was going to spend $1m on a car, id prefer a singer instead of a Lamborghini still..

Good point. You could get some real australian rebuild talent for the money on an existing Aus delivered car perhaps, but imagine it would be risky in terms of value retention (no brand value ).  I would think unless Singer do more mass production, the current vehicles are going to hold value or appreciate irrespective of cost to acquire at the moment.

And if i was going to spend $1m on a car, id prefer a singer instead of a Lamborghini still..

they are building about 50 cars a year at the moment so will be soon past the really rare Porsche numbers that command the $1,000,000+ price tag, but you would have thought there will never be more that 4-500 ever made. Will also be interesting to see if they design another model. Would love one, but can't help feeing they are becoming 'old news,' but maybe that's the point ;) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had actually forgotton about this and just received this email - so still on its way....must be like waiting for a car.

I'm writing with another report of progress on the Limited Edition cases for One More Than 10: Singer and the Porsche 911.

Singer Vehicle Design and their partners have been busy building various prototypes and test pieces for the cases. They've also been test-painting the cases to ensure that the company's quality standards will be met, and they've been working with their interior partners regarding the leatherwork that will be incorporated into the production cases.

At this point the production box design has been finalized, and SVD is placing orders for the various components that will be needed to complete the 100 Limited Edition cases. 

This is where we need your input!

The cases will be produced in five different color schemes, to match the colors used on five early restorations undertaken by Singer Vehicle Design. We would like you to select your preferred color scheme for each of the Limited Edition cases you ordered. 

The color schemes match the following five restored cars:
Please click the link below to access a web page where we have posted digital renderings for each of the five color schemes. The renderings are highly representative of the final Limited Edition case designs and will give you a good sense of how the color combinations look.

--> Please provide us with your preferred color(s) by May 9, 2016! <--

Please also provide your preferred shipping address, if it is different than what was provided when you placed your order. 

As the color preferences are tallied, SVD will begin to finalize the production schedule based on the selections.

Once again, thank you for your patience during this process. 

Peter Bodensteiner
Stance & Speed

Archived