POLL

Stew F

Father Christmas or Santa?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How do you refer to the jolly old fellow within your family?

• Father Christmas
    • Santa Claus

How do you refer to HIM who visits this time of the year?  Within my mum's family (a typical Anglo-Australian family) we've always called him Father Christmas.  On my dad's side we've always celebrated a traditional German Christmas, and still often use the term Christkindl.

Santa

i immensely dislike the concept of lying to your kids about crap like this.  However I am barred from being a grinch and so must behave and toe the line.  I knew Santa was crap from a very young age, but played along in case the goodies stopped if I spoke out.  I already know my oldest is at this point so I'd dearly love to have that conversation.

However, in my house Santa only gives crap presents and all the good ones come from dad.  I'll be buggered if I'm going to have an imaginary guy in red pajamas get credit.  And that way his loss won't be felt too much.

When I was a kid my dad's mother would dress up as the Christkindl and give us presents on Christmas eve. Yesterday we had our Anglo-Australian Christmas party.  Mum's mother used to do the Father Christmas job, but these days one of her brothers does it , but the little kiddo's know.

We do Christmas but our kids know the truth.

I was asked to do the dress up in Santa outfit to the gig in shopping centre's. Saturday O/T

Omg, I can lie when it's needed but not that much.

I love my partners kids but don't like kids that much. My partner said, " what about all those yummy mummies"?

Yes dear....I'm not interested. ?

I immensely dislike the concept of lying to your kids about crap like this.  However I am barred from being a grinch and so must behave and toe the line.

Ha, glad it's not just me then! I've declared that if asked, I will not lie.

I'd love to see research done into something along the lines of "prevalence of idiotic magical thinking in adults and their understanding of santa claus as a child" :D

Ha, glad it's not just me then! I've declared that if asked, I will not lie.

I'd love to see research done into something along the lines of "prevalence of idiotic magical thinking in adults and their understanding of santa claus as a child" :D

you mean fantasies like 'the government can keep borrowing money to give away in handouts forever and nothing bad will happen?'

that kind of magical thinking?

Archived