Driving games for PS4 recommendations

TrevMcRev

So the kids got a PS4 for xmas.  Time to pack away the original PS - I'm gonna miss Colin McRae Rally...

Obviously I'm a bit out of date on games ;) and while the kids are happy with Skylanders I'm keen for any recommendations of good driving games.

Go.

I may have put a few hours into Need for Speed :blink:. Great game, great Porsche content, drive Magnus Walkers 277 etc. only downside is it is purely online you can't play it any other way and it only has 79 challenges. I really like it, but being constantly on line means you can be winning a race and another person racing the other way can come around a corner and wipe you out. A bit more like real life I guess..

Gran Turismo 7 will be out next year and is the benchmark for PS driving games, and from the reports I've heard about NFS the cut scenes and the 'in your face' attitude of the game wears a bit thin

Ace Combat 7 is on the way soon too, and if it's as good as the last Ace Combat it's going to be a great game, hopefully they sell a special joystick for it as well (like they did with the last few) but they're saying it'll support Playstation VR

Look up "Project Cars", great game. Definitely need a steering wheel though, garbage trying to play with a controller. Much more realistic than anything else out there.

I havent picked up a up a new wheel for the PS4 yet, the G25 from the PS3 doesn't work with it. To be honest don't have time to play the damn thing much anyway but I reckon the release of the VR headset next year might see me make some time to try it out!

this should whet your appetite:

CXYs9DqWkAAkZxx?format=pjpg&name=large

• 3 weeks later...

Need for speed 2015 is nothing like the old underground 1 and 2. Its good, fun, graphics are nice. cars sound pretty good. But i got bored of it quick. I got the 993 and turned it into an RWB then bought a 991 gt3 and stopped playing it. 

All i play when i have the time is GTA V. It has some racing in it... but it's not really for kids. The game has came a long way from gta3 when i played it when i was 8-9

I am waiting for the new GT7. as far how good the last 2 where. this should be on another level. if anyone remembers going from ps2 gt3-4 to ps3 gt5-6 was a huge step. so gt7 will be massive. They also work with all the high end wheels. 

Archived