A 928 question on seats...

ANF

Car looks great.  Tell me about those roof racks...

Thanks Just standard Thule racks but I had to customize the brackets quite extensively to suit. The rear one is on the hatch which might not be ideal but works for me.

A great looking 928! The best surfie car I have seen :)

The wheels work well on that colour. Boxster/ 911 wheels?

Thanks ANF they are Boxster 17's x 7" and 8 1/2" $200 off gumtree for all 4 and in great condition so couldnt say no. Was intending to redo them black but now not so sure

How's that new car of yours going

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ANF they are Boxster 17's x 7" and 8 1/2" $200 off gumtree for all 4 and in great condition so couldnt say no. Was intending to redo them black but now not so sure

How's that new car of yours going

I think they look best the colour they are, suits the blue/ silver colour quite well. Black may be too much....

It is going great, unfortunately not much time to drive it due to finishing off building house, but I knew that would be the case, you wont be able to get me out of it soon.... :)

Thanks Just standard Thule racks but I had to customize the brackets quite extensively to suit. The rear one is on the hatch which might not be ideal but works for me.

So I cant out a bike rack on them and open the hatch! BUGGER.

Yes you could if you look with the hatch open, you will see 2 tapped holes (possibley with plastic cap)  either side that are there for a roof rack mount under the hatch on the body of the car. You can use these which means you can open the hatch. Do a search for porsche roof racks. I just decieded on another method to keep the rear rack lower

Yes, but then it's some sort of old Yakima for the rear and issues with a bike rack on top.  Kinda inelegant solution.  I liked your Thule idea.

Another forum member uses a suction cup system for his Mtb (964), but I'm afraid I'd have to use the rear window for the rearmost rack-suction cup, and I can hear it shattering over a bump in my minds ear right now!

The search continues...

WithOakBench1372663452.jpg

I have thought about this and I think it wouldn't be to hard to design something ( I used to be a design engineer a few years back )

If you had racks the same as mine you would need to mount the bike carrier rail to the front bar in such a way that it could rotate a bit to allow for the rear raising up with the hatch

on the rear rail the the mounting connection would need to accomodate a small amount of front rear movement to allow for the bars coming closer together as the hatch raises

obviously the bike mount would have to be positioned in such a way so that it didn't hit the hatch when raised 

pretty easy to do and I can visualise it so could easily design something I'm sure if you are able to fabricate a bit yourself

i don't think you will be able to find anything off the shelf as I looked pretty hard

Archived