MFI set up to suit 2.4

Now that I've located and purchased a set of carbs for my 73 T, the MFI set up needs a new home.

it was fitted to the car in the early 90's by Phil Hearn

The set up is on the car now, running like a charm but I'm looking to at least get close to original set up (the new carbs are Webers not Zenith's).

It will come complete with everything (inlet manifolds, linkages, injector pump, fuel lines, injectors etc etc) save for the air box (and even that might go if it doesn't fit the carbs which I suspect is the case)

I don't have pics but if you google you'll find pics that look just the same. 

It comes as a package as I won't be selling bits of it. 

I know these come up a a lot less often than Federal Government cabinet reshuffles.  

Please PM me if you're interested.  I'm doing it on an EOI given the rarity   

zeniths are the new cool!!

As those who know me will attest, I'm not a follower of the fashions ...

Will that Mfi setup work with a 2.2l ?

Having asked the question of others the answer is yes but would not be a bolt on as you'd need the injector pump recalibrated.  Also, it might depend on what your engine has had done in terms of other work, its condition etc.  But definitely doable it seems. 

Will that Mfi setup work with a 2.2l ?

ash,

it would be simpler just to build your motor to the same spec as Skids, i'm assuming some sort of 2.4.

it would be good to list the MFI pump number as this can help determine the overall value but a proven running complete MFI system has to be worth $6-8K.

The pumps are very flexible, e.g a 2.0 litre pump can supply enough fuel for a hot 3.5 litre motor.  Getting them to run safe and well up top is pretty easy.

A little harder to get them to run spot on over the entire rev range but doable.  My group s car has a pretty hot 2.1 with a custom space cam ground in Sydney - idles easy about 800 rpm and runs cleanly to 8000rpm.

A 2.4E or S pump should be no problem on a 2.2, 2.5, 2.7

Hi guys. The car is a 73 2.4T but I suspect still on the T cams. It feels a bit softer than my 73E. Otherwise stock.  OBRUT is right.  You can get the pumps set up.  I used the guy in Sydney to do mine on the Group S car as  well as then getting it back to run on 98. I've spoken to a guy in Brisbane  who just sold a set up like the one I'm offering with a reco pump set to 2.7 RS specs for 11K so I guess I'd be looking at 8K on that basis sounds about right given the pump reco was 3k.  

I took a look at the numbers in the pump.

On the  Bosch plate the top row 90815684. Second row less distinct (took a photo with the phone as I couldn't make it out with my crap eyesight) 0698 125 010.  

Just noticed looking at the pump photo someone has also stamped into the pump body under the plate "set to 2.4 specs" so clearly possibly off an earlier car.  Also has stamped BJD 10/9(7?).  Could be the initials of the person who set the pump up.  Like an artist signing his work ....

I haven't  started researching the numbers but I'm guessing the more knowledgable on the forum will quickly know.   

I can't find those numbers anywhere but there is every chance i'm not looking in the right place.

Shouldn't the pump number start with 0408

There's every chance my eyesight is cr@p as its a bad pic I'm working from.

Will take a proper look at it again.  Its a Bosch pump though and is fitted and running so its probably my eyesight

• 4 weeks later...

Archived