Intro

Hi everyone,

I'm Stew, had Vw's all my life from air to watercooled ,purchased my first 911 about 20y ago.

Mechanic by trade ,live in the sth eastern suburbs , been working on cars way too long,got my first beetle at 16 and restoring one as we speak!

My first 911 was a Sc then 87 3.2 and now owned this SC for about 10years or so.

look forward to the banter 

cheers

Welcome also Stew, air cooled P cars are starting to become a bit of a minority here lately, so glad to have you on board.

Try and get an SMT in or a coffee catch up if you get the chance.  Next coffee is not a PFA organised one, but is in Port Melb on Saturday the 19th of March.

Watch the SMT thread.

Photos never go astray either Stew, so feel free to post up, and a lot of us are keen on the beetles as well.. 

Thanks Guys,

Yeah the SC's are great! great all rounder and very reliable .Thats the main reason i got an Sc, cos i have to work on them, lol

Im still trying to get a hang of this site, have issues trying to upload decent pics as max size is 0.49mb,cant get them small enuf!

I also have 75 beetle, thats at the panel shop to start its resto and have a 77 Kombi that will get painted once i have the bug back and on the road.

Photobucket is the way to go Stew.   Downsize them first, load onto photobucket then copy the number of the photo from photobucket and place into your post 

If that makes sense...

when you put them on, bring them up one at a time and just right click on the reference image number on the right.   Don't have to wait for the photo to actually appear.  

(The photo itself for some reason with Photobucket at the moment takes ages to actually appear.)

That will 'CUT" it and it will show you have copied it.

and then when you go back on the forum right click or double click on paste, the image number should appear and then when you save the post the images will appear.

Thats how I do it on a Mac anyway.

Good luck

Ahh. There was / is a guy from Melbourne who bought a blue SC in the US recently, drove it round California then shipped it back here. He posted a fair bit on the PelicanParts forum, it suffered engine problems and he needed a fast top end rebuild!

Welcome also Stew, air cooled P cars are starting to become a bit of a minority here lately, so glad to have you on board.

Try and get an SMT in or a coffee catch up if you get the chance.  Next coffee is not a PFA organised one, but is in Port Melb on Saturday the 19th of March.

Watch the SMT thread.

Photos never go astray either Stew, so feel free to post up, and a lot of us are keen on the beetles as well.. 

Found out how to get some pics on!,, so heres the first!

Pics not loading! dont know!!?

Found out how to get some pics on!,, so heres the first!

Pics not loading! dont know!!?

Faster to ask your son as most of the guys here are pretty old and abacus-like ;) I know how to post pics,  but I'm not sure of the correct IT speak so would prolly just confuse you.

Archived