Paddington barn find (kinda - more of a street find)

turboT

AWESOME!! I have been toying with the idea of a car lift at our place on Hargrave St. We have a 1.75 car garage with a massive studio space above it. Keen to see the end result. 

if I can get approval from the Mrs, I'll swing by the Centennial on Thursday night. Always great meeting new Porsche friends! :)

must be a Hargrave street thing - a whole lot of p-car owners there. 

hopefully see you on thurs

So it's the purple chop top 959.  I thought you'd taken ownership of KLASSY.

i suspected the SC was going to be parts fodder for the reconversion  of the 959.

Anyway, you have to do a build thread of the de-959ing process!

So it's the purple chop top 959.  I thought you'd taken ownership of KLASSY.

i suspected the SC was going to be parts fodder for the reconversion  of the 959.

Anyway, you have to do a build thread of the de-959ing process!

The 959 kit has been fibreglassed (not bolted) on. So I think the 'de-959ing process' will involve a big grinder, a big belt sander and a lots of dust. I'll definitely start a thread with progress/destruction pictures. 

I don't really see the point in trying to preserve the body kit - it's really good quality, but looks f@$king horrible.  Who on earth would want it?! 

Has there been any commentary on this forum about "KLASSY"? Would love to read it! 

You probably don't want to read that! :D

Enjoy the fibreglass dust mate. Just make sure you do it outside, a mask and full body suit! It would be as much fun as the missus finding out about the cars! :D

Archived