clear car bra's - clear film paint protection

GC9911

Dear Porsche friends,

I was at the Porsche advanced driver training today at Eastern Creek & one of the guys there had the front of his car covered/treated with a clear plastic?? film to protect from stone chips, bugs etc. does anybody have any experience with this???? it looked similar to the film on the leading edge of the rear wheel arches on the Carrera 4. anybody know who does this in Sydney?

thanks

Dear Porsche friends,

I was at the Porsche advanced driver training today at Eastern Creek & one of the guys there had the front of his car covered/treated with a clear plastic?? film to protect from stone chips, bugs etc. does anybody have any experience with this???? it looked similar to the film on the leading edge of the rear wheel arches on the Carrera 4. anybody know who does this in Sydney?

thanks

I seen a couple of guys with this on their cars in Adelaide...

You get what you pay for, one looked perfect and the other was obviously not done in the best conditions as there were imperfections in the layer caused by airborne dirt. Not a problem but does make an excellent product look cheap...

After chatting with both guys the badly installed jobs owner did admit he regreted using the guy he did and the other was very impressed...

From memory they did both use eastern states guys so there should be someone up there...

Pete

I found the mob in Artarmon, they are called "Ozicosi" all the clears are custom cut for each car. to do the front skirt/bumper, headlights, front guards back to the headlights, leading bonnet edge back to the headlights & side mirrors is $695, takes 6 hours. these are the guys that did the boxter at the Porsche driving day & it looked very professional. I am going to go to their factory & have a look.

will post again once I have more info. They have a web site www.ozicozi.com.au

price sounds good, if you see the stuff on any dark cars check for those little bubbles and imperfections caused by airborne particles of dirt...

good luck, it is a great concept, wish i had put it on the belly of my Aprilia to stop road rash <_<

Pete

• 9 months later...

I found a couple photos from the thread I mentioned above. But couldn't find the actual one I remember seeing. Anways, the first shot is the film during installation process. The second is a final shot of the installation.

I also found another thread where a guy talks about giving his bumper a light touch on a brick wall. He said it scratched up the film. So he took it back to the fitter and they were able to cut out the damaged piece and replace it perfectly! No damage to the paint at all.

The flim also has no UV blocking characteristics. So your car will naturally fade under the sunlight all over! Which is a good thing... tan line are better on people than cars :D

24110311110563640.jpg

Here's a photo of it fitted

4390311110563640.jpg

Guest Nick987

At that price wouldn't it be better to reprint the front bumper?

And does it come off easily enough or do you have to pay to get it removed?

Assuming it won't take any paint off when removed

I think they use a bit of heat to remove it. And no, no paint comes off when its removed.

I suppose yes you could repaint the front bumper. But you can also protect your lights, bonnet, backs of the side mirrors.. bottom of the doors if you wish. Rear bumper if you have a dog jumping in the back of your Cayenne or non-porsche etc

Guest vas930

Back in 1981 my dad ordered a black bra from germany for his 911.

He waited for months for it as the warfies went on strike.

He finaly got it home and on the car, he thought he was pretty slick with that on his car.

The next morning he found bits of it all over the yard.

My dog "WIZ" did not like the look of it and took action. :D

Never seen my dad so angry.

Great dog, Wiz.

My old German Shepherd used to be called KNUTZ. And it wasn't because he was crazy.

I thought we might call him nackers at first but my wife said there was no way she was going out the back yard to call him for dinner with that name. So I compromised.

This (Melbourne-based) guy used to do the rounds at car club meetings:

http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/

High quality product from what I've seen (the film on his green Corvette there has been on it for years and he brings it to shows etc as promotion) and price isn't too ridiculous IMO. I've seen examples of people scratching up plastic bumpers that have these films on them, then removing the film and popping the dints out of the bumper, with no blemishes remaining haha

Archived