90sF1Kid

Remember , when driving we do not turn the steering wheel quickly , unless you are competing in a PCNSW Motorkhana event , so its only when parking ( like a reverse park ), is when you will move the steering wheel that much and that quickly , the temp bit is simply to let you know temp has a small part to play , meaning when the rack is hot the seals are hot & are going to seal ( internally ) better , nothing more & nothing less 

Its all very simple physics & hydraulics 

Regards

BB

I generally always defer to Bruce and Sean and I haven't driven or been in a street car equipped with the MCS product, but I still think the KWs were the best in terms of ride and damping that I have experienced. Agreed that those aspects that Bruce mentioned previously re the KWs were an odd thing for a high end shock but they more than made up for it in terms of ride quality and handling in my opinion. I was the 1st to buy and try the KWs in 'Bruce's Fleet'. I wouldn't discount the MCS or even KONIs but nor would I write off the KWs either. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so time for an update,

Car is presently in the workshop having the necessary bits and pieces taken care of. In the end I elected to keep everything stock standard, so genuine Porsche (Sachs) shocks will be going into the front along with the new bump stops and a lower left front control arm (ball joint).

I arrived at this conclusion for the following reasons:

1. As a complete newby to the Porsche scene, I really want to experience what the car is like as true to standard as possible. As mentioned earlier I simply don't have a reference point with these things. I mighty impressed with all the features the car has for a 1990 car and hopefully i'll be equally blown away with the standard mechanical side once I'm actually able to get it on the road (club plates) post its Vic RWC;

2. In the event I later decide to upgrade (only aspects which can be returned to stock easily), I will want to have the standard components on hand should I want to revert or if I (heaven forbid) decide to upgrade;

3. For the time being its probably better to focus on tuning the nut behind the wheel :)

Looking forward to getting her back and taking her for a LLLOOOOONNNGGG drive in the country, so I can experience the proper joys of Porsche ownership, rather than having her parked up like she has been over the past Month and a half.

Archived