Tesla? Share your thoughts

SteveC

I drove from Melb to Sydney and back in the last few days. Stopped for fuel 3 times for a total of about 20 minutes. Eaxh servo had 6-10 double bays. Drove straight in, filled and was gone.

Can't do that in any electric car.

You nearly can. It would add about 30-45 more minutes to your journey because between Sydney and Melbourne, Tesla have installed superchargers in something like 6 locations. And I know somebody who has done it in a Tesla. The vast majority of people who drive that route stop for a bit more than you do, so for most, that route is very practical in a Tesla.

I've had a P85D for a year. I added Ludicrous in January just for fun. I use the car for general city use although I drove to Sydney via Melbourne for Christmas. I've done about 10,000km. I got every option available when I ordered.

I love the car. I used to have a BMW M5 and an E63 before and much prefer the Tesla. Huge, instant power, utterly smooth drivetrain, nice firm ride, comfortable seats, great stereo, best satnav you've ever seen, auto parking, auto steer, etc etc. Getting back into an ICE car after driving the Tesla is a shock. I still love my sports cars (I own current model Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini) but the Tesla is the most impressive car I've driven. It's a stunning achievement and the future of motoring.

Archived