CDR23 Protect mode

rafikdous

Has anyone managed to get a CDR23 unit work in a different vehicle from the original?

Apparently the unit is coded to the engine management system. Once it is installed in a different vehicle, it goes in a Porsche Protect mode

Cheers

from Rennlist; "

The CDR-23 does not have a code. If you had a CDR-23 before it can be put back in the car without any other action. If you move it to another car it will likely need to be initialized by someone with PST2 or PIWIS tester.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Find someone with PIWIS to recode it, I'll have one in a month or so but it's a bit of a trek (and you might still need your security code which only Porsche have based on the VIN). I'd assume the dealer can do it for a price and it shouldn't take long.

I wouldn't recommend sticking it in the freezer, if it's got any moisture in it it freezes and then when you power it up you get a paper weight

I assume you have the Bose MOST system so need the CDR23 to run it?

Ok put it in a bucket of rice for a few days , draw out the moisture .. and then put it in a bag or two and freeze it..  Come on this is like Masterchef..

Or get hold of Mike D'silva he has PIWIS I believe

The genuine PIWIS is near impossible to buy as they are assigned to dealerships. A replica can be made from a Bosch KTS unit but even they are ridiculously expensive to buy (they have to basically be modified) or to modify it yourself is an exceptionally difficult and expensive task. 

Take it to the dealership would be my advice 

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking at something yesterday and came across something on the Becker Audio website http://beckerautosound.com/porsche/2865218 about the 2nd last line...

I think u need to send the unit to them, but for $80 they will remove the Protect mode so you can install the radio into any other vehicle

Archived