924 turbo -Sold

michel

SOLD 

Gents long  and tedious story, though ended up with two 924 turbos

selling  - the red one. 1981. Oz. matching.. Berber interior. Bought unregistered. Sold unregistered. General condition presents as a driver car.  Will need major service etc. 

it runs and stops and like probably every one recently found, needs fettling and a good cuddle. 

currently in Sydney. If not sold this week gets shipped to Canberra 

cheers michel 

If you are really keen you'll call  and I'll send more pics ... But for the voyeur - 

image_135.jpeg

image_136.jpeg

image_137.jpeg

image_138.jpeg

OK 

to answer some questions:

can I drive it ? Yes , but for peace of mind before driving it to Katherine , I would recommend the service and other items suggested by your choice of Mechanic 

do the headlights work ? as per the pic , they do go up and down as did the windows and mirrors moved. 

Is it concours? As per description  driver quality 

paint?  Yes panels have had touch ups . see above driver quality...

interior? Generally Good. Seats pretty good. the dash is cracked ( which 924 isn't) centre console  loose, steering wheel needs restitching. Etc see above comment - driver quality 

generally. Car was kept registered during previous ownership 12 years) , though rarely rarely driven, so correspondingly aside from oil changes and some other basic work,  very little done.

It's a  series 2, 35 year old Porsche turbo . Low numbers delivered to Australia. In better condition than most I've seen in the last 15 months of looking. 

Before I bought it I had a respected Porsche mechanic look at it and, he reported how pleasantly  surprised he was at how well it ran, considering how dormant it had been. 

Will you spend some money on it , yes. will it make it more reliable , yes. Is it a safe investment.......

Any more questions about the car contact.

Cheers Michel 

I can't afford another distraction, I knew buying the SC would distract me from my Falcon :ph34r: (sorry for swearing)

Daily public transport means the 996 hardly gets driven, so although the siren call is very hard to resist...... 

I can't afford another distraction, I knew buying the SC would distract me from my Falcon :ph34r: (sorry for swearing)

Daily public transport means the 996 hardly gets driven, so although the siren call is very hard to resist...... 

Happy to rotate through them for you, just ship one or two down this way..... :D

Archived