De Sucking and Blowing on Ze 993 3.8

symsy

Anyone had any experience with PMO's on a 993 Supercup Spec 3.8 RS motor … wondering if anyone installed 50's or 52's and if they have had opportunity to evaluate differences in their builds?  

I wondered how much fuel one needs to feed a pretty high spec motor ? 350+ BHP

Also any recommendations for a centre exit exhaust setup ?

Only have bare motor and just started hunting for parts 

Besides it being easier to set up, why PMO's on an engine like that, when you are going to get more power and flexibility out of a programmable ecu set up (motec?)

Simon , its for  Roadi not a track car ..Maybe it would hit the trac , motor dynoed in region of 365BHP ..which is probably overkill.. but its built

I know some good Motec and Haltech dudes.. but I guess i dont want to loose all that induction sound hence the question..

I know a fair number of Poms who run motec on their high powered road biased cars. With the 3.8, I think the exhaust is going to make the biggest difference to the sound :D

I haven't priced things over here, but in the UK, there didn't seem to be any real difference in cost between the motec and PMO options. If you know a decent mapper over here, you could buy everything you need from Colin Belton at Ninemeister, and that includes a good quality harness that plugs straight into the standard loom. If he did the same standard kit for a 3.2, I would buy it instantly.

I know a fair number of Poms who run motec on their high powered road biased cars. With the 3.8, I think the exhaust is going to make the biggest difference to the sound :D

I haven't priced things over here, but in the UK, there didn't seem to be any real difference in cost between the motec and PMO options. If you know a decent mapper over here, you could buy everything you need from Colin Belton at Ninemeister, and that includes a good quality harness that plugs straight into the standard loom. If he did the same standard kit for a 3.2, I would buy it instantly.

Ok good input

• 2 weeks later...

Archived