Club plates

SteveC

I'm with PCV also but you don't need to register with them, any club that accepts your car is ok. Each club has a resident scrutineer, they will need pics of your car - they're pre-defined - this saves you having to drive the car to them. You can just email them everything they need.  But if cost is an issue PCV is a bit more expensive compared to others... For example, I was checking out a p-car at duttons and they were going to register the car for $30-40 on my behalf with some exotics car club (?)...

If your car is stock, no stress, as James says, just follow rules, send the pic, fill in the form and job done. If it's a mod car as mine was, there's a chance it may not fit in the "H" category and maybe in the  "M" group for modified. Then you might need an engineers report or VASS, i.e. More money out of your pocket & time to get it done.

What car you got or getting?

On the bright side, no stamp duty, no reg fees... ?

I joined PCV for $200 i think; its about $200 annually ongoing, 90 day club reg was circa $150.

I was thinking that there would be 'cheaper' clubs out there as the old guy at vicroads said, thats a professional club you shouldn't need to check to the intern which got me thinking. I did ask eg RSR and a couple vintage dealers who could organize club reg for 'next to nothing'.

My initial concern was $200 annually was more than the reg itself annually as i thought it would be a one off payment but read that you need to be a financial member while you maintain club reg, although perhaps its better supporting your 'own' club. Philbee - the car is a bone stock 1985 3.2 and was never going to be a daily so i figured it was a possible option to explore. also i hear you can transfer to full reg after 12 months without incurring stamp? :) 

you guys find there is much to do being in PCV?

I am with Melbourne old school cruisers. Membership isn't much $50 from memory. Costs $50 to initially get your car checked out for club reg and a signature for every year after. There is nearly 1500 members with plenty of porsches thrown in the mix.

• 2 months later...

I joined PCV for $200 i think; its about $200 annually ongoing, 90 day club reg was circa $150.

I was thinking that there would be 'cheaper' clubs out there as the old guy at vicroads said, thats a professional club you shouldn't need to check to the intern which got me thinking. I did ask eg RSR and a couple vintage dealers who could organize club reg for 'next to nothing'.

My initial concern was $200 annually was more than the reg itself annually as i thought it would be a one off payment but read that you need to be a financial member while you maintain club reg, although perhaps its better supporting your 'own' club. Philbee - the car is a bone stock 1985 3.2 and was never going to be a daily so i figured it was a possible option to explore. also i hear you can transfer to full reg after 12 months without incurring stamp? :) 

you guys find there is much to do being in PCV?

I checked with Vic Roads and if you decide to go from Club Reg to Full Reg in Victoria at least apparently you still need to pay full Stamp Duty. If it hasn't been paid before then it needs to be paid when going to full Reg.

Do you have a source for this shortcut out of paying stamp? Perhaps it's on a State by State basis?

I see no mention of official roadworthy certificate being mentioned. You still need to supply a roadworthy certificate to the club to get your initial club reg in vic don't you?

Correct. 

You are required to get your rego papers signed by the club (usually the club secretary) and generally they will request to view a copy of the RW. Note that this (in my experience) has been a requirement from the club, not Vicroads. So, some clubs might be less strict however I believe this is becoming less common...............

For the initial club permit I believe the RWC needs to go to the club with the paperwork and then after the paperwork is signed the original RWC needs to go to Vicroads with the permit paperwork

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/get-a-club-permit

Correct. 

You are required to get your rego papers signed by the club (usually the club secretary) and generally they will request to view a copy of the RW. Note that this (in my experience) has been a requirement from the club, not Vicroads. So, some clubs might be less strict however I believe this is becoming less common...............

For the initial club permit I believe the RWC needs to go to the club with the paperwork and then after the paperwork is signed the original RWC needs to go to Vicroads with the permit paperwork

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/get-a-club-permit

Yes I thought that was the case now after the system (of no RWC) was changed a year or 2 back ... wonder if it's the same - RWCert required - in each state, other states please chime in?

• 1 year later...

Club rego in Qld, not that difficult. Joined PC/Qld, They emailed me a letter quoting car/financial membership / number, Vin # Etc.....just had to attach to my paperwork, Rego t/fer, Personalised plate t/fer etc.

Archived