1988 3.2 Carrera Cab

Hi all,

Ive decided to move along my Carrera Cab, due to the realisation that I'm never going to get around to doing the projects I envisioned doing on it or even restoring it, which is what it really needs.

Details about the vehicle:

1988 numbers matching North American car, imported to WA in late 1990 and converted to RHD, first registered in 1991 by the owner I bought it from in 2008. 

The vehicle suffered a front end collision in the mid 90's with the front bumper and right front wing/fender being replaced, however the original damaged wing/fender was not repaired and a bad 2nd hand earlier model wing/fender was substituted, you can see this when looking at it as the SC and 3.2 models had a more pronounced flare by 10mm which the earlier models did not have. As a consequence of the wing/fender being replaced with a poor quality 2nd hand one and being bogged up, it has suffered from some corrosion around the headlight bowl, upper and lower areas. Other than this, there is no other corrosion anywhere else on the vehicle. 

Electric Roof:

The soft top roof needs replacing, as the elements over 28 years have caused the rear plastic window to degrade and collapse. I have a brand new cloth roof that will be supplied with the car, I just don't want to spend anymore money sending it to a trimmer to be installed.

Interior: 

Not that bad, but passenger seat needs re-trimming, so would benefit from having both done together and probably a new set of carpets would finish it off. Alloy interior bits where the previous owners touch, not to everyone's taste, but easily replaced. 

Enigine/Gearbox:

930/25 US spec good strong engine, never had any issues, no leaks. Has service history with Autohaus, Auto Exclusive and K-tec through the 90's and 00's. I had a major service performed in 2009 with the tappets adjusted and brakes overhauled, but have only performed oil change/filter every 12 months due to only covering about 6,000kms since the major in 2009. G50 in great condition, no crunches, clutch also still in good shape. 

Panel/Paint:

Needs good 2nd hand or repo right front wing/fender and full re-spray to bring the vehicle back to how it should be, has a few dents and scrapes on wheel arches and doors etc, full resto will have it looking new.

Steering/Suspension etc:

No issues, drives really well, near new tyres, but wheels need re-painting and polishing.

POST EDITED AS SOLD  VEHICLE DETAILS REMOVED

Cheers DJ

URL]

I had grand delusions of putting a metal roof on it blah blah and putting it on carbs etc, turning it into a targa/event car, but that project is for the 944 ! 

I reckon 15k all up on interior, panel/paint and you'll have a little beauty, especially if it ones over east as it's a bit much being black on black in WA summers ! 

I so wish I'd never seen this....... What do you think a new to would cost, did you ever price one????  I know I could do the body........

Sorry, are you talking about a replacement wing/fender ? I've looked for a good 2nd hand one for years, but anyone who has one won't sell them or just don't have them. The repos are anywhere from $1'000 to $1,500 delivered to Aus ! 

I'm gutted, the timing is off by about a week or two for me otherwise I would have called

Was going to stick it on here a few weeks ago, but got side tracked at work !! 

For those still emailing me, please be advised the car is verbally sold and as a man of my word that's the way it'll be unless that falls through. I'm taking heaps of photos of the underside and front trunk area etc tomorrow, so will post or send on if the sale falls through.

Again thanks for the interest.

DJ

Sorry, are you talking about a replacement wing/fender ? I've looked for a good 2nd hand one for years, but anyone who has one won't sell them or just don't have them. The repos are anywhere from $1'000 to $1,500 delivered to Aus ! 

Sorry Deejay, I wrote it in a hurry and the "P" never made it onto the end of top. Congrats on the quick sale, I knew it woudn't last long. 

Sorry Deejay, I wrote it in a hurry and the "P" never made it onto the end of top. Congrats on the quick sale, I knew it woudn't last long. 

No probs, thought it would've been either the wing or top. Reckon if you hadn't been in a hurry you would've seen that I posted that it comes with a brand new top that just needs installing as they're a PITA to install and needs the professional touch ! 

Sorry if that puts you on more of a downer ! 

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the car, it is now sold, sold, sold. 

Bought by a well known member from this site. 

Hopefully he restores the car and shows the rebuild on a new thread here. 

Cheers DJ 

Archived