928 Tool Kit Contents

foxint

Hi Guys

Great forum. I am just new to the whole 928 thing....very daunting.

Does anyone have a list of what is in the tool kit? Mine is missing stuff and not knowing what is missing with bands/sizes is making things a little hard.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Dan

might be worth a phone call to the dealer spare parts. Last time I got prices a 944/928 toolkit was $250 ish complete and brand new (less than the cost of the individual bits) but the 911 one was $600

Hi Guys

Thank you.

I will give the dealer a call....but as well all know they are not cheap....

Does anyone have a list of what is supposed to be there?? Good photos. What I have is total rubbish, when I compare them to my Sthalwille tools. My thinking is even if I can pick up the cheaper say Hazet tools (if that is what was there), it may be cheaper than the "real" stuff.

I was told that in the past, K-mart has a set of pliers that were the exact copies of those in the kit. As we all know no one is ever expected to use any of the tools.

Dan

Dan,

If you download the PET parts listing for your car from the Porsche Classic technical page, usually on page 2 or 3 there will be a full listing of all the tools that make up the kit. 

However if you want a kit to help you get your car going next time it falters rather than an anorak's originality wank, I recall someone posted a thread on this topic and some of the suggestions like StewF's were excellent. 

Welcome, some pics of your 928 please.

$250 for all tools from a dealer sounds like good value, shop around the UK and US sites too. Mine has one tool in it I think, and one day I may replace them but not high on my priority list. 928s don' t break down anyway, well not much...... :)

However if you want a kit to help you get your car going next time it falters rather than an anorak's originality wank, I recall someone posted a thread on this topic and some of the suggestions like StewF's were excellent. 

If not sometimes a little over the top ;)

Was in the Tassie trip thread.

Thanks guys....

"If you download the PET parts listing for your car from the Porsche Classic technical page, usually on page 2 or 3 there will be a full listing of all the tools that make up the kit. "

Not sure how this is achived. I did a search and could not find anything. Can you share the link?

Dan

I have tried to upload a photo....

2019-05-30-928-001_zps4xtyncjr.jpg

I may have something on my other computer with some parts on and can have a look later.

Try one of the photo hosting websites for uploading pics. Looks nice, what year and details?

hi Guys

I have cleaning up my 10-11mm open ended spanner and it may....may be a Gedore....if we can identify the maker we can get the set at a reasonable price. They look similar

From what I can gather the tool like consists of:

928-721-005-061985 - 1986
Spark Plus wrench 
Cylinder for spark plug wrench
Rim Wrench 
Double-end Spanner 
Double-end Spanner8 x 9
Double-end Spanner10 x 11
Double-end Spanner12 x 13
Double-end Spanner14 x 15
Double-end Spanner17 x 19
Screw Driver 
Screw Driver 
Universal Pliers 
Crank for seat adjustment
Tofender Lug 

928-Open-10-11mm_zps1wy29pp1.jpg

Gedore-Open-12-13mm_zps5kkfyrzi.jpg

928S contents

The Hapwe pliers are easily found online.

I am missing 2 of the selected special steel spanners; they are hard to come by (I suspect snaffled by the air cooled guys at stupid 911 prices)

Similar quality tools are in MB toolkits at often 1/3 the price

Porsche tools rust , so buff them clean then clearcoat them. "It's pretty moist back there"

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Thanks guy.

Ha-ha...I did not think finding the tools so hard....I choose to look at some of the little things before they totally disappear. I am making a list. Seems like the earlier (poverty level) are hard to get things for...I have extra keys coming (as I only got one). I was totally surprised there is NO internal cable to open the tailgate...small things....I have pulled off the steering wheel cover and will be putting leather dressing and hoping....

Seriously your help and kindness has been inspiring.

Thanks

Dan

Thanks guy.

Ha-ha...I did not think finding the tools so hard....I choose to look at some of the little things before they totally disappear. I am making a list. Seems like the earlier (poverty level) are hard to get things for...I have extra keys coming (as I only got one). I was totally surprised there is NO internal cable to open the tailgate...small things....I have pulled off the steering wheel cover and will be putting leather dressing and hoping....

Seriously your help and kindness has been inspiring.

Thanks

Dan

on my 928 the tailgate has an electric motor to release it activated by a switch next to the handbrake

Hi Paul - yes mate you have the "deluxe" model. I have the poverty pack....but it still annoys me. I bought an extra key so I can keep the car going and open the back when I take the girls to school. Still waiting on the keys.

Any clever clogs worked out a cheap option??

(Slowly getting all the bits....the bloody tow hook was very expensive....)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys - slowly getting the tool kit complete.

I picked up these over the last little while....I will have to give them a decent polish..

Any of you clever clogs know how to insert photos...I used to copy and pay from my Photobucket...now they are asking for USD399 a year??? any suggestions

I tried to insert/drag/drop a 13kKB file and that also did not work

Tools-2017-06-29_zpsjzkb6h4f.jpg

http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/foxint/media/Tools-2017-06-29_zpsjzkb6h4f.jpg.html

Tools-2017-06-29_zpsjzkb6h4f.jpg.htmlPerhaps it works?? Sometimes.

Dan

Tools-2017-06-29_zpsjzkb6h4f.jpg

Photobucket is not the best!

Copy the "direct" link and use the "insert other media" tab at bottom.

That is weird, looks perfect before you hit submit.... I don't use photobucket anymore, it is crap!!

You've all enthused me to sort my tool kit, and thanks for the tips. Just found some missing bits on eBay.

I'll have some leftovers and will post them up here for anyone that might need some blanks filled...

You've all enthused me to sort my tool kit, and thanks for the tips. Just found some missing bits on eBay.

I'll have some leftovers and will post them up here for anyone that might need some blanks filled...

Well done. I have one tool in mine so may be interested in them...?

Archived