Mazda RX8 info you have plz

My boy thinks he is ready to graduate into a rear wheel drive juiced up vehicle. 

He's researching the RX8.

I thought you guys might like to talk about them for a change.

He thinks he might want to track it occasionally. 

Especially like to hear the why not. ?

My boy thinks he is ready to graduate into a rear wheel drive juiced up vehicle. 

He's researching the RX8.

I thought you guys might like to talk about them for a change.

He thinks he might want to track it occasionally. 

Crazy coincidence .....

I was at the auctions today, and the most immaculate, shiny JET black RX8 came under the hammer ....

To cut a long story short ..... I'll give you a road report after i pick it up in the next 2 days....... :D

A mate of mine has the GT in black, recaro seats etc. He loves it and it hasn't caused him any issues. It is a nice car to drive and I love the wheels and bodykit. They are also really good value on the second hand market. 

Stock I imagine they are pretty slow - heavy ish body and bugger all torque.  Probably ideal for a young fella learning RWD. And they are cheap so he'll have some cash to pay for fuel and oil which they drink pretty heavily. 

In time you could always throw in a 20B and sequential box........

UND33S

You really need to chase up the back story on this one. ?

No reflection on the car but scheech, I just googled undees. Aussy manufacturer at least.

The only thing I'm going to be chasing up is the RTA for a change of plates ..... :LOL:

I had one for about a year without issue, though a friend moved it out of the garage while I was away and flooded the motor. If you do get one keep a set of new plugs aside in case that happens. Motor has character without being overly powerful, never tracked it as it was my daily.

They are cheap for a reason. They are notorious for coil pack and engine issues, they even they extended the warranty period in the US because of these problems.

Also they don't have much torque for the amount of HP they have.

Saying that the rev happy nature of a rotary makes them fun to drive and the chassis is pretty good.

I'd buy a Honda if I was after a rev happy track car.

Archived