Macan Insurance

G'day, I'm about to embark on my first Porsche ownership. Gonna buy a 2015 Macan Turbo. Any suggestions on who to go to for insurance ? Understand that you get what you pay for so cheapest isn't always best. Don't want some backyard bandit from Youi fixing up my ride if something were to happen. But don't want to get stitched up either at the top end.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Your going to get heaps of varied advice, I would think.

This topic comes up regularly.

Personally, I have been with SHANNONS for about 20 years, never had to make a claim (touch wood)

except for the odd windscreen on my various cars over the years.   They have always been great as far as I have had dealings with them.

Every year they try and devalue your car a tad and also increase your premium a tad.

But a phone call will normally sort that out.

I think you just have to shop around.   Make sure you get windscreen coverage included though, whoever you end up with.

Good luck with your enquiry.

I'm in a similar situation to Niko, no claims.

Work up a list of reputable insurers and get quotes.  Do the same quote chase each year, don't just renew.

RACV, NRMA, GIO, Shannons, APIA I would check - AAMI I would skip.

The best 2 for me and the Macan Turbo was NRMA and Famous.

I moved it to Famous because I was able to bundle and get a cracker deal on all cars, saved me a bomb! Famous by far and away were the cheapest with the best cover. Depending on your circumstances try Porsche insurance too. 

I don't have the golden handshake for Shannons so can't personally recommend them, but I guess worth a try! 

Lumley Special vehicles I have used in the past and were pretty good. 

I got a quote from Shannons for my new MB GLC,  a full $500 cheaper than the MB insurance.

Slightly more than another quote but as it will be my 7th car , I get a $192 pa discount so it works out in my favour.

Shannons are good to deal with ; I always front up in person.

It can depend a lot on where you live?

I have all my cars and house with Shannons and I find them the cheapest and best. I have made a claim recently (last 2 years) with them and all went seamlessly and they quickly and easily paid out my agreed value in the total lose claim. 

Where ever you go get agreed value only!

Goodluck and welcome to Porsche ownership!

Archived