First inter-state Front Engine Preservation Society Rendezvous

brian in buddina

Our biggest FEP Society meet up yet and first interstate gathering.  3 owners also own air cooled cars but dare not bring them to a front engine meet up for fear of a breakdown enroute or vandalism while in the coffee shop. 

4 turbos: 2 were 944, 1 was 931 & one non P car GTR godzella

all these turbo vehicles have had very recent full motor rebuilds, 3 by their present owners. The fourth owner runs his own mechanical apprenticeship program for the dyslexic inclined.

One was 944S3 This is a pre 85? 944 with the motor & running  gear from a 968 the intake manifold & head cover beautifully polished up. Very sexy fuchs! Side skirts & extra cooling vent 931 style. Great formula, light car, hi powered naturally aspirated motor. 

1 early 944 from a non member of PFA which then entitles him to become the president of FEP Society, nice blacked out cookie cutters.

only one lonely 928 shark, the first at a FEP gathering with multiple roof air foils 

and a pair of hand breaks

Lots of bonnets up and I'll show you mine if you show me yours... an unnamed member was observed with tools in his boot and seen with an envious look in his eye while checking out other members cars.

Of course the coffee served with a smile, by a fräulein from Austria wanting to know more about our toys.

Talk was there may be another interstate event happening. A Society sub committee is looking into co ordinating with the NSW central chapter on a mutually agreeable location & date for a weekend road trip. 

Other future local get together locations were discussed
Gympie as we have not gone north yet. There must be some hidden concealed members around Noosa area 
Possibly the Noosa 1 October car show meet up.
Toowoomba area possibly the first 2018 event as 2 Society members are nearby
All members are encouraged to suggest a location venue.

Suspect I am the unnamed participate. I reached this conclusion due to the fact I had to be peeled from each car as it was prepared for departure.

I may also have had some tools in my rear storage area. This is only because the 924 turbo has a slight weight bias towards the front (due to the extra turbo weight). I utilised the tools to bring my car closer to a 50/50 weight distribution. 

• 2 weeks later...

So just a thought about the next meeting. There was some talk about organising it around the Noosa car show so was thinking of maybe an early morning meet up at Landsborough and heading to Montville via some back roads where we can grab coffee etc and then those wanting to go to Noosa can head up there. There are a few decent hills so I may bring the 911 in case some of the 944's need a push up them.

Archived