First inter-state Front Engine Preservation Society Rendezvous

brian in buddina

The First inter-state Front Engine Preservation Society Rendezvous

924, 931, 944, 951/2, 968 & 928 resto/retro-mods even rat rods!!!
coffee & car talk and solving the worlds problems. As discussed previously this is a reminder of our August inter state meetup.

Saturday 26 August @10ish  Hinze Dam, behind the Gold Coast, Queensland

The Queensland chapter of the FEP society meet up with NSW, not central, but mid north coast chapter.

The road to Hinze Dam, in both directions, is a well know road for excessive twisti ness!!!

all welcome, dirty imports included 

Australian delivered aircooled cars are more than welcome...

to drive by

or upon approval of a character assessment by the FEP Society committee; permitted to buy coffee for the membership.

Notice to all FEP Society membership:

please ponder where you would like the September rendezvous location so this can be confirmed at the Hinze Dam get together next weekend.

Any FEP Society enthusiasts, even if they have not attended yet, can put forward a proposal location. 

The location criteria is; good coffee shops, served with a smile, access to twisti roads & a nice atmosphere for chit chat.

Notice to all FEP Society membership:

please ponder where you would like the September rendezvous location so this can be confirmed at the Hinze Dam get together next weekend.

Any FEP Society enthusiasts, even if they have not attended yet, can put forward a proposal location. 

The location criteria is; good coffee shops, served with a smile, access to twisti roads & a nice atmosphere for chit chat.

Well I'll quote myself: 

I suggest we meet in Noosa for our next get together, and instead of our usual Saturday lets make it a Sunday. Say 1 October. Only problem is good coffee shops are a little light on the ground around there.

Please accept my apologies for the run to Hinze Dam.

1 October proposal is the same day as the Noosa Beach Classic Car Show at Lions Park, Noosa Heads and is also a long weekend. Generally pretty busy around the area that day. I have my car entered in the car show.

Crisis averted! The 924 is back on the road, removing the need for to attend the FEP as a representative of the REPs. 

My risk of needing to purchase a large amount of coffee is therefore reduced... my risk of breaking down somewhere between here and Hinze dam has possibly increased, however what better way to continue the running in of my rebuilt engine.

Wayne 

Let me know if you break down enroute. I propose we can re locate the Hinze Dam get together to the location of the FIRST break down. The second break down buys coffee....

To all FEP Society members: In case the dam breaks or the cafe runs out of coffee here is my mobile#

brian in buddina    0423 861 808

My hope is that all breakdowns will occur in the first 20 minutes of the drive. I'll rely on an improvised bath tub failure curve to back that up. 

Technically the car shouldn't break down, it's had more maintenance in the last 12 months than it's had in the previous 12 years. 

In 2002 I rebuilt the turbo in the car, which requires lots of things to be disconnected in a 924. Took me about 2 months, finished it one Wednesday. Drove the car about 200km to check it was ok, then did a 6000km round trip to Portland in Victoria on the Friday morning. Only problem was that I lost my air cleaner straps as I didn't secure them correctly to the bottom clip (be warned, very easy to do). 

I have 'advance town road' set as my destination at the dam. My understanding is that the day area is off that road. Once there I was going to look out for some FEPers and introduce myself with the secret hand shake.

I reckon we should meet up at the 1st viewing car park as we enter where the water overflow is located. You can't miss it. It's right in front of the massive damn wall. I'll be there by 10am - that's the time right?  

The First inter-state Front Engine Preservation Society Rendezvous

924, 931, 944, 951/2, 968 & 928 resto/retro-mods even rat rods!!!
coffee & car talk and solving the worlds problems. As discussed previously this is a reminder of our August inter state meetup.

Saturday 26 August @10ish  Hinze Dam, behind the Gold Coast, Queensland

The Queensland chapter of the FEP society meet up with NSW, not central, but mid north coast chapter.

The road to Hinze Dam, in both directions, is a well know road for excessive twisti ness!!!

all welcome, dirty imports included 

Australian delivered aircooled cars are more than welcome...

to drive by

or upon approval of a character assessment by the FEP Society committee; permitted to buy coffee for the membership.

Sorry, but I find it funny that the FEPS is gravitating toward a dam…….water shortage ??  :lol:

guess I drive by then ……….?

Oh sh*t. I thought it was tomorrow.  Was cleaning and waxing the S4 today getting ready for the big day tomorrow.  Got my boys all excited about it too. They were so looking forward to it tomorrow morning.  I should learn to read dates better.  F#@k.

Oh sh*t. I thought it was tomorrow.  Was cleaning and waxing the S4 today getting ready for the big day tomorrow.  Got my boys all excited about it too. They were so looking forward to it tomorrow morning.  I should learn to read dates better.  F#@k.

Same! I was going to swing past and view discreetly from a distance, since I'm not a member. Love me some transaxle though.

Archived