87 Carrera Tyre Question

CarreraG50

Like a lot of people on here my tyres look fine but are OLD (10+ years on the front) so starting to think about changing them,

The local JAX will do me a great deal on 4 Continental's, however the rear's will be 225/55/R16 (should be 225/50/R16)

Anybody running that profile, will it rub, car is standard, guards aren't rolled or anything. Any first hand knowledge appreciated.

TIA

Cheers

John

Like a lot of people on here my tyres look fine but are OLD (10+ years on the front) so starting to think about changing them,

The local JAX will do me a great deal on 4 Continental's, however the rear's will be 225/55/R16 (should be 225/50/R16)

Anybody running that profile, will it rub, car is standard, guards aren't rolled or anything. Any first hand knowledge appreciated.

TIA

Cheers

John

Those wont scrub. Im running 245/50/R16 (rear) on my 74 Carrera gaurded car, therefore being a much larger sidewall than what the 205/55 would be. 

Thanks everyone,

JAX have Continental 205/55/R16 for $149:00 fitted and balanced, he offered me the same tyre in 225/55/R16 at the same price, hence my question.

However it all seems to hard, so probably just go with the RE003's.

Also if youre in Brisbane, hit up Bridgestone Salisbury, one of our own (PFA) members works there (Greg), will keep you happy :) 

Archived