Feedback on Motor Gallery, Sydney

Would appreciate any feedback on Motor Gallery / Terry Mullens from our Sydneysiders by PM please.  I know a Google search brings up a bit of stuff about bikies and sale of harbourside mansions etc but not interested in that

Thanks

All I can say is that anytime I've seen his Porsches and a few other brands advertised in the usual places, they seem to sit for ages like a year or more.. tells me that they are way overpriced for what they are or he prices high and never budges on price, which car are you interested in Twoheads?

47 minutes ago, ELSPORTO said:

If you walk you're supposed to lose the deposit ... 

Really? That would be rough!

When I placed a deposit for my car that was on consignment at Chellingworth Porsche, they clearly had it in writing on the contract that I would get my deposit back if I walked.

2 hours ago, ELSPORTO said:

If you walk you're supposed to lose the deposit ... 

In my book yep, that's what a deposit usually is, a deposit to buy, non refundable as the owner is holding the car for you to buy. Of course Two heads and the dealer may have agreed to some other arrangement. I would never take a deposit for someone to come and look and hold the car for them

A holding deposit will either be refundbale or non-refundable depending on your agreement. Without and agreement I would that suggest with it being a business (ie: not a private sale) this would be refundable if the car not purchased. If it was me this would be in writing beforehand.  There are probably specific rules for car dealers with this - most likely different in every state just to increase the level of difficulty for you...

This is different to a purchase deposit which happens at the time of sale, ie: contract.

@TwoHeadsTas you should check out @Simonk's 996 if you're after a tipper.

5 hours ago, wilburforce said:

A holding deposit will either be refundbale or non-refundable depending on your agreement. Without and agreement I would that suggest with it being a business (ie: not a private sale) this would be refundable if the car not purchased. If it was me this would be in writing beforehand.  There are probably specific rules for car dealers with this - most likely different in every state just to increase the level of difficulty for you...

This is different to a purchase deposit which happens at the time of sale, ie: contract.

@TwoHeadsTas you should check out @Simonk's 996 if you're after a tipper.

Did so yesterday :)  We've been talking today and will proceed if white one falls through......  And have agreement that deposit will be refundable if sale doesn't proceed (eg fails PPI etc)

OK, update - Turns out white car is on RWOV register, so I canned the deal.  Advert did mention panel repairs to RTA specs, but not about being on register.  I hadn't looked at the PPSR search sheet on Saturday, as it has blown down from the dash, and it was just put on the back seat while we went for a drive, meant to have a look at it after, but forgot to do so.  Asked for and received a copy by email, no complaints from that aspect.  Discussions with Carlos(??) at Cavaco who were going to do the PPI indicated car would always be difficult to sell in the future (as borne out comments on this Forum too).  If I had known more about the work done I might have considered further, but the car went on the register back in 2004 when car was only 4 years old, so must have been a big hit for the insurance co to write it off then.  Different story if the entry on to the register was recent, as I could understand even minor damage leading to writing off...  Just as an aside Cavaco's picked that the windscreen wipers were on upside down and on wrong side.....

To Motor Gallery's credit they did not quibble or complain, deposit was refunded to my bank account same day, so all happy:-)

So, back to considering SimonK's car....

Peter

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, update - Turns out white car is on RWOV register, so I canned the deal.  Advert did mention panel repairs to RTA specs, but not about being on register.  I hadn't looked at the PPSR search sheet on Saturday, as it has blown down from the dash, and it was just put on the back seat while we went for a drive, meant to have a look at it after, but forgot to do so.  Asked for and received a copy by email, no complaints from that aspect.  Discussions with Carlos(??) at Cavaco who were going to do the PPI indicated car would always be difficult to sell in the future (as borne out comments on this Forum too).  If I had known more about the work done I might have considered further, but the car went on the register back in 2004 when car was only 4 years old, so must have been a big hit for the insurance co to write it off then.  Different story if the entry on to the register was recent, as I could understand even minor damage leading to writing off...  Just as an aside Cavaco's picked that the windscreen wipers were on upside down and on wrong side.....

To Motor Gallery's credit they did not quibble or complain, deposit was refunded to my bank account same day, so all happy:-)

So, back to considering SimonK's car....

Peter

Bummer.  I'd be asking for my airfare back... 

Archived