The store

Is anyone else having trouble adding membership in the store? I’ve only just noticed mine appears to have expired yonks ago, but I can’t work out how to add it again, there’s no options to do so  :wacko:

Hey Mike, just saw this and had a quick look. Your last FM reminder notice went out in May 2017 - you probs just missed the email reminder (I'm assuming you haven't changed your email address?). From memory, once your FM has expired, you log in and then simply go to the SHOP and purchase a financial membership. I'm pretty sure it just updates your membership straightaway through to your existing (and logged into) membership (EFT payments sometimes can take a few days before they hit the account).

Please let me know if you have any dramas and I'll sort it at this end!

Cheers,

Kerry

On 05/01/2018 at 12:18 PM, Kerry said:

Hey Mike, just saw this and had a quick look. Your last FM reminder notice went out in May 2017 - you probs just missed the email reminder (I'm assuming you haven't changed your email address?). From memory, once your FM has expired, you log in and then simply go to the SHOP and purchase a financial membership. I'm pretty sure it just updates your membership straightaway through to your existing (and logged into) membership (EFT payments sometimes can take a few days before they hit the account).

Please let me know if you have any dramas and I'll sort it at this end!

Cheers,

Kerry

Hi Kez

Yep, missed the email and the card must’ve expired so it didn’t auto renew. I’m a clutz :rolleyes:

Now, either I’m being daft (highly likely) or under the store tab there’s no option to add the FM. All it shows me is the items I’ve purchased before and the expired FM reminder, it seems to just be a ‘store’ of those items, rather than a shop from which to purchase from....help?

Hey Mike. I’ve already had to apologize for being a duffus once today so you’re in esteemed company! It’s hard for me to see it from your point of view (device/browser etc) but from mine (moderator/FM membership), when I go to the store I can select Memberships, then Financial Membership, then Add to cart.... it should then simply update your membership to that of an FM without issue..... should of course is the operative word so please let me know if you’re still having issues. Cheers, K

5DFA9317-5309-427C-9F4A-9F21ED350643.png

E82684F7-673E-4896-BAAF-FC950A75518B.png

DA698B67-CBF2-4F5A-BE3B-22EB05C3A793.png

On 05/01/2018 at 12:54 PM, ANF said:

I thought your FM was supposed to auto renew through what ever method you used? Mine never seems to though.

Hey ANF,  we still have to send out an email to deduct funds from PayPal, and all EFT transactions need to be manually handled each year... it’s the fine line between making it convenient for members, and keeping you all in control of how and when you spend your hard earned readies! Needless to say, thank you for your support one and all! ?? 

18 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Hey ANF,  we still have to send out an email to deduct funds from PayPal, and all EFT transactions need to be manually handled each year... it’s the fine line between making it convenient for members, and keeping you all in control of how and when you spend your hard earned readies! Needless to say, thank you for your support one and all! ?? 

Hi Kerry,

That is fine and understood (and I have no problem with that). From the subscription page it says something different though?

"NB: If purchased with PayPal this will constitute an annual subscription which is controlled solely via your own PayPal account."

9 hours ago, Kerry said:

Hey Mike. I’ve already had to apologize for being a duffus once today so you’re in esteemed company! It’s hard for me to see it from your point of view (device/browser etc) but from mine (moderator/FM membership), when I go to the store I can select Memberships, then Financial Membership, then Add to cart.... it should then simply update your membership to that of an FM without issue..... should of course is the operative word so please let me know if you’re still having issues. Cheers, K

5DFA9317-5309-427C-9F4A-9F21ED350643.png

E82684F7-673E-4896-BAAF-FC950A75518B.png

DA698B67-CBF2-4F5A-BE3B-22EB05C3A793.png

Jesus. Wept. 

The solution was a simple one.

Turn the iPad from horizontal to vertical, hey presto a series of options become visible on the top right dropdowns. The store tab then has the purchase options, so I’ve done it and sent the EFT. Turn the iPad back horizontal and those options disappear, replaced by a band across the top also with a store tab, only that one doesn’t have the merch options, it’s more a record of what you’ve purchased in the past.

??

Hi @ANF,

I can see that this can be read 2 different ways... and a full stop and an extra word is probably required:

"NB: If purchased with PayPal this will constitute an annual subscription. This payment is controlled solely via your own PayPal account."

An annual subscription payment is alerted via an email to the member and then automatically deducted from a PayPal account (and prompted for manual transaction in the case of EFT). Whilst we are extremely appreciative of all the various member's financial support, we also try to make it clear that these PayPal payments are controlled solely by the member from within your PayPal profile settings and we have no control over this annual deduction.

I've made a note about this and we'll make it clearer in the near future...

Cheers,

AnneMaree

25 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

Hi @ANF,

I can see that this can be read 2 different ways... and a full stop and an extra word is probably required:

"NB: If purchased with PayPal this will constitute an annual subscription. This payment is controlled solely via your own PayPal account."

An annual subscription payment is alerted via an email to the member and then automatically deducted from a PayPal account (and prompted for manual transaction in the case of EFT). Whilst we are extremely appreciative of all the various member's financial support, we also try to make it clear that these PayPal payments are controlled solely by the member from within your PayPal profile settings and we have no control over this annual deduction.

I've made a note about this and we'll make it clearer in the near future...

Cheers,

AnneMaree

Hi AnneMaree,

Thanks for the clarification :)

And as always keep up the good work!

Archived