Improving Exhaust Note 996.2

TwoHeadsTas

Am finding the fully standard exhaust of my 996.2 Tip a bit lame compared to the bark our 987 has (or is it I can't hear it properly in the coupe???)

Anyway, would be interested in talking to anyone who has followed an upgrade path at the Hanger Banger tomorrow.  Just look for the  seal grey 996.2 with Tassie plates....

thanks

Peter

My 996 turbo has a Kline exhaust, admittedly the turbo will sound bit different to a N/A car but you will definitely get an idea of what a quality exhaust is. Will keep my eye out for you or just ask around for Fraz, someone might admit to knowing me.  

http://www.kline-innovation.com/exhaust-collection/porsche/996-2/996-carrera/

The coupe will be a lot quieter in the cabin than the Boxster, It's even a noticeable difference in the boxster roof up vs roof down.

Search around for the "996 muffler bypass mod" or "gundo hack" or "fister" ...actually, dont google fister!

925938d1428353920-996-custom-exhaust-996

Alot of people seem happy with these solutions that are all variations of bypass.

If you really want to let her rip - aaand save a ton of weight over the rear, I had these Afterhours Supercup mufflers on mine.  It was LOUD!

mufflerslarge.jpg

20 hours ago, Mike737 said:

Feel free to have a listen to my exhaust. I've got a cargraphic exhaust which has a really nice note. Not too loud or soft and no drone. Look out for the dark blue c2 with the large tubi tip cannons on the back.

Thanks for the discussions today Mike.  I'll be searching  ebay for similar...

18 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thanks for the discussions today Mike.  I'll be searching  ebay for similar...

No worries mate.

Good luck with the search and keep those eyes peeled.

Look forward to catching up again when one of us is on the others island. 

Archived