Supercheap engine cranes

ANF

8 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Used it to put the Wwindsor in the XR, plenty stable and worked just fine

50% off = Bargain

I imagine that may be a bit heavier than the 928 engine too!

Thanks guys :)

4 minutes ago, Timm said:

Looks similar to the one I have, should be good to go!

Do yourself a favor and get yourself an engine leveling bar as well, makes pulling engines a breeze.

Hmm, never used one before, by the looks would be most useful when putting engine back in?

Cheers

1 minute ago, ANF said:

Hmm, never used one before, by the looks would be most useful when putting engine back in?

Cheers

In and out. Most engines need a lot of angle to get them out of the engine bay especially if you lift them out with gearbox attached. However that's not the case for a transaxle car, so you may be just fine without it.

Wasn't really needed for my 951 either, because I dropped mine straight out the bottom...but it's been invaluable for every other car I've taken the engine out of.

I have had one for years no issues work fine .............If you were pulling engines all time yeh I would buy a good one but if your like me and used it 4 times in ten years they are perfect ..

I used a super cheap lifter doing my 924 engine with no issues. Did purchase a levelling bar for the install which made it doable. Also used a super cheap engine stand without issues however did find it tricky to turn as engine became heavier (suspect this would be a common issue with most engine stands).

The Supercheap one will do the job no problems, but it is one of those things that you buy and then it sits in the garage taking up space for the next 10 years until you use it again.

I would suggest that there would be a bunch of people near you have one gathering dust. When I wanted one recently I just put up a post on a local Facebook page, and borrowed one for a case of beer. Easy. Use it and then give it back and let them store it.

8 minutes ago, MFX said:

The Supercheap one will do the job no problems, but it is one of those things that you buy and then it sits in the garage taking up space for the next 10 years until you use it again.

I would suggest that there would be a bunch of people near you have one gathering dust. When I wanted one recently I just put up a post on a local Facebook page, and borrowed one for a case of beer. Easy. Use it and then give it back and let them store it.

I agree .. facebook is your friend with the free hoist ..I just found smaller hoists and the V8 interceptor engine was a little heavy when I needed to hang one with my Aussie and American friends , but plenty for the little six packs we are talking about 

11 hours ago, ANF said:

Did one come with yours? No mention of in the ad?

This one looks like it does not have it...maybe a different sale/supplier at the time?

To be honest, I didn''t use it as I like to use a screwdriver through the chains to determine the angle of the engine. I guess because I only t dropped the engine on it's own, there was no need for any fancy angle dancing.

Jeff does make a good point regarding borrowing/hiring. If I didn't already have one, that would have been my approach. Unless @MFX can put in a good word for you to the Supercheap lords and get a further discount :ph34r::lol:

3 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

This one looks like it does not have it...maybe a different sale/supplier at the time?

To be honest, I didn''t use it as I like to use a screwdriver through the chains to determine the angle of the engine. I guess because I only t dropped the engine on it's own, there was no need for any fancy angle dancing.

Jeff does make a good point regarding borrowing/hiring. If I didn't already have one, that would have been my approach. Unless @MFX can put in a good word for you to the Supercheap lords and get a further discount :ph34r::lol:

Pkay , are you angling for cases of beer , you can loan em the screwdriver also

Anyway closing suggestion of the day , buy a hoist , also a can of plastidip , you can always chuck the hoist in the corner of your spare room and hang and egg chair in it for that designer look and paint it with the plastidip to match the decor.  Just make sure you go to supercheap.  

Motoring design at its purest , form and function. I would post a photo to get you all inspired but I cant be arsed setting up another picture account and navigating this forum attaching them.. Im sure you all get the picture

• 2 weeks later...

Archived