Brisbane Tire supplier recommendations??

Hello Brains-Trust,

Am looking for good tire shops/ persons in Brisbane.  I need to get the tires looked at on my family car.  Currently has Pirelli Cinturato P7s (with plenty of tread left) but I noticed some hairline cracking in the rubber & I just wanted to get advice whether they are still safe to use.  Wanted someone who isn't just going to try & sell me a new set of rubber.  The car is a 2012 so potentially may be the original tires though the car has only done 40 thousand k's. 

cheers,

Jason

Jason,

Got the front Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N Rated for my 996 TT from Keith McKays at Red Hill and have been buying other tyres including 968 tyres from Steve Jeffs at Bob Jane Toombul. Steve races a Group N 48-215 Holden.

Allan

49 minutes ago, Rob said:

Not so sure about "tires", but I've had some good results from TyreSales.com https://www.tyresales.com.au/

(a subsidiary of CarSales.com that we all love so much...).  Excellent prices and big choice of fitting location.

I like the American spelling Rob............

I was kind of hoping to find a "Tire Expert" who would look at the existing tires (which have heaps of tread left) & could honestly tell me if they are failing.  I assume many would just say "Yep you need new tires", in order to make a sale.  I'm just a little worried that they may not be safe.

2 hours ago, Allan 968 said:

Jason,

Got the front Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N Rated for my 996 TT from Keith McKays at Red Hill and have been buying other tyres including 968 tyres from Steve Jeffs at Bob Jane Toombul. Steve races a Group N 48-215 Holden.

Allan

Cheers Allan, I'll check them out soon.

Jason

Have a look at this info on the Jax site:

https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyre-age

If the tyres are the originals, as you rightly expect, they are at the max recommended age anyway.  I could throw in a remark about it only being the wife's car, in which your beloved and son trust for safe transit, but you know I wouldn't do that...

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

Jason

Have a look at this info on the Jax site:

https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyre-age

If the tyres are the originals, as you rightly expect, they are at the max recommended age anyway.  I could throw in a remark about it only being the wife's car, in which your beloved and son trust for safe transit, but you know I wouldn't do that...

Thanks Rob,

If it was just the wife I wouldn't be that worried but I'm becoming reasonably fond of the kid so I suppose I better check things out...........................

That's a great website Rob.  I've had a look at some photo's & can definitely see that my tires are suffering from sun/ heat exposure.  I can't wait for my garage to actually get built.  Both cars are just baking away in the sun. 

FFS..  Make me go upstairs, grab the key, back down..  Unlock the 'carage', pop the frunk and delve..

Kumho Tyre and Auto Servicing - 505 Lytton Road Morningside

He's got all the 'laser' type wheel alignment doohickeys etc.  He pretty much was on par with Tyresales.com (with delivery) so that was pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, WOKA said:

FFS..  Make me go upstairs, grab the key, back down..  Unlock the 'carage', pop the frunk and delve..

Kumho Tyre and Auto Servicing - 505 Lytton Road Morningside

He's got all the 'laser' type wheel alignment doohickeys etc.  He pretty much was on par with Tyresales.com (with delivery) so that was pretty good. 

Cheers Dylan, i'll give him a try.

On 2/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, clutch-monkey said:

tyre city in tingalpa, run by rob. excellent guy, looks after all of us on j-spec and PF. 

also a madman when it comes to motorsport, has an evo powered proton jumbuck and a mid engined evo powered mirage (!).

Yeah got my AR1's from him for a good price and he seems like a good bloke. Bit exxy on alignments though :o

Archived