Ex Hamiltons Melbourne 924 GTR

jnr, as far as I know the car in question is a 924 GTR.

I've been in touch with Freisinger in Germany, and received this in an email:

"I just bought 924 GTR 016 that was owned by Mr. Hamilton and had the livery "racing for Australia". We are restoring the car back to its original condition and are after some photos that could help us reproducing the original stickers."

James

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would LOVE to see film of those old Match races between Bondy in this car, Jonesy in the 935 and Brocky in the 7ltr Monza. Does anyone know where to find these? Remember seeing them at Oran Park and the Monza would just bolt away around the track (which clearly wasn't suited to the 935) but then down the straight the twin huffers would start to wind up and he'd reel Brock in and try the overtake on the kink. Bond wasn't far behind either.

James, I believe this 'might' be the car or one very similar. A fairly recently refurbished (2012) 924 GTR in Germany. Apologies for sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Loving that!  I really like the crackle and rasp of a buzzy 4 cylinder engine,

Thanks for posting.

The first Porsche I drove was a 924, and I loved it.  I confess to still having a soft spot for the 924...even in its vanilla guise.  (Must...not...go..to...carsales...)

Would LOVE to see film of those old Match races between Bondy in this car, Jonesy in the 935 and Brocky in the 7ltr Monza. Does anyone know where to find these? Remember seeing them at Oran Park and the Monza would just bolt away around the track (which clearly wasn't suited to the 935) but then down the straight the twin huffers would start to wind up and he'd reel Brock in and try the overtake on the kink. Bond wasn't far behind either.

James, I believe this 'might' be the car or one very similar. A fairly recently refurbished (2012) 924 GTR in Germany. Apologies for sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Patrick, I can't find any film of AJ racing the 935 in Australia. :(

Archived