BONNEVILLE 2008

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Niko, awesome photos. Think we have to have a chat over coffee or something stronger about your experience there. Would find it really interesting to hear all about it.

C

Anytime Chris, I just loved the place, loved the yanks, loved the cars, very easy and laid back organisation running it.

happy to put the photos on a stick if you are that interested. I am not into american stuff (well I didn't think I was until we done HOT AUGUST NIGHTS in Reno and the trade shows there and then across to Bonneville) Now I appreciate their stuff and how they just love their cars.

Great stuff Niko, thanks for sharing. I'm tentatively putting plans together for a trip to the States next year. Of course Monterey will be a definite but seriously considering Pikes Peak beforehand and Bonneville afterwards.

Great stuff Niko, thanks for sharing. I'm tentatively putting plans together for a trip to the States next year. Of course Monterey will be a definite but seriously considering Pikes Peak beforehand and Bonneville afterwards.

It really is something completely different, you will love it if you get there.

Hot August nights in Reno is also fantastic, sitting on tiered seating in the main street, with a big beer which you buy of the stands behind where your sitting. Listening to the bands playing 50's 60's and 70's music, while the display cars do drive bys. If you ca n fit that in with Monterey, Pikes and the salt, you are in heaven.

Really hope you can experience it.

Niko Niko Niko , love the photos! They are ACE....!

I will get there one day :)

Thanks Danny, glad you liked them, I still think we should do an SMT there. You would love the bikes, I'm not really into them so didn't get too many shots of them unfortunately.

Cheers mate

Niko, you might have to be tour leader for us for a trip over for speed week....

Bit of trivia but I heard last week a VW Jetta had set a land speed record for hybrids at just over 185 mph. Wonder if Porsche will roll out the 918 to break that.

C

Niko, you might have to be tour leader for us for a trip over for speed week....

Bit of trivia but I heard last week a VW Jetta had set a land speed record for hybrids at just over 185 mph. Wonder if Porsche will roll out the 918 to break that.

C

Just been talking to the Bwana wife about theinterest by a few of the boys in Bonneville, and the green light was given. So.......

C

Hey Chris I just noticed you have a total of 911 posts at the time I wrote this. What a number!!!

Hey Chris I just noticed you have a total of 911 posts at the time I wrote this. What a number!!!

Also of note is SMT Forum has most views. If only we had time to do more !

Archived