912 Value?

I looked at this car today.

I’m interested to here what people would value it?
1965 912 short wheelbase, narrow body
USA car, converted to RHD
Upgraded to 2.2S motor
5 speed box.
Drives well,
Not perfect, but good condition, 
Resprayed, but bonnet needs to be redone.
Replica FUCHS

Tough one to value, being a bit of a 'grandpa's axe'. Sounds like a nice hotrod though!

The 2.2S motor though increases value and interest.

How much is it being offered to you for?

Cheers

Craig

8 minutes ago, rhinosm said:

100K plus

Looking at recent sales, the 1975 Orange 911S 2.7 was last listed at $80K

It was a nice looking car.

Do you have a link to the car?

No point in comparing it to a 75 'S', pre 73 'S' meant something, not in the case of a 75 though + Impact bumper, LWB etc. etc. chalk & cheese. 

There's a very nice converted 911 for sale at $128k at Richmonds as a ballpark. For what it is and how it presents, I reckon it' a bargain compared to an Oz delivered car, but that's me.

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1969-porsche-911-t/

$100k for a longhood of any sort, especially a 65, seems reasonable if the body isn't knackered or full of rust, yet comparing a 75 to a 65 is chalk and cheese with values. No matter how good the car presents, it will always be a non matching numbers, converted car, so if you think it's worth $100k, that's all that matters. I'd pay that for one if I could

A matching numbers 912 in near immaculate condition is anywhere from $90k to $whatever

1 minute ago, rhinosm said:

Car not listed,

Friend of a friend has it.

I'm new to the Porsche world so I appreciate your comments.

In that case, keep its whereabouts to yourself mate. The sharks will circle pretty quickly!

It's a tough question really, as we don't know exactly what its like without photos, yet to a certain percentage of Porsche enthusiasts (like me), a longhood 6 cylinder of any sort is utter nirvana. I would ensure the engine is good, as that is a $15-30k fix if it's knackered, same as the gearbox can be expensive to repair. Other than that, theyre a pretty basic car that can be repaired easily buying from the right places and doing it yourself if youre handy

All up, you won't regret buying it

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

In that case, keep its whereabouts to yourself mate. The sharks will circle pretty quickly!

It's a tough question really, as we don't know exactly what its like without photos, yet to a certain percentage of Porsche enthusiasts (like me), a longhood 6 cylinder of any sort is utter nirvana. I would ensure the engine is good, as that is a $15-30k fix if it's knackered, same as the gearbox can be expensive to repair. Other than that, theyre a pretty basic car that can be repaired easily buying from the right places and doing it yourself if youre handy

All up, you won't regret buying it

Thanks Lee

65 3 gauge SWB 912 is basically the most sought after of them all. If it were a pristine, original example, I see no reason that it wouldn't command north of $100k 

The 6 pot 912 conversions I've seen listed in the past always seem to fall into no mans land value wise (neither top 912 money nor entry pricing on equivalent 911), and usually a bit of a hard sell, they're a little hard to establish a "value"

If its a good car, it'll be a blast no doubt, I'm sure someone better clued up can help you on the value. 

I’ve bought and sold a couple of 912’s over the last 5 years. They are a sensational car in standard form and as mentioned above fitting a 6 doesn’t automatically bring bigger sale prices. A decent converted 912 with original motor is worth 65-75k (ignore the asking prices you see in Carsales). If this has an original 2.2S then you can add the difference in value of that and an original 912 engine on top. Note that strong 912 engines are not cheap to buy or rebuild so do some homework....if you are comfortable with a bitsa & want HP I’d leave the 2.2S in it & enjoy....

Good Luck !! 

Archived