3.2 Carrera top speed; road racing cars :-)

Stepo

Maybe Porsche should've put a couple of extra notches on the speedo back in the 80's.

http://www.need4spee...ra-3.2-260-km-h

Great to see 20+ yr old production cars pushing out these figures and putting some of today's technology to shame. I often hear people talking about how stable these cars are at high speed; guy looks like he has one hand on the wheel :o

Both hands on the wheel for a RUF at 350km/hr! Would be totally hair raising!!!!!!

http://www.need4spee...490-hp-350-km-h

Top speed is one thing, but as we know, it's the twisties that really bring a smile to the dial :P. Performance & handling make a great mix :ph34r:

I was checking some power chart data I have for the 3.2 and it shows up to 278km/hr in 5th gr at 7000rpm. Suspect the 60's & 70's stock models also had the upper hand over alternatives of their time.

Here's a 3.2 pushing 250km with 178,000 on the clock (starts around 0.30 mark)

I know it's been posted before, but just a reminder of some great 80's advertising

Thanks for posting.

I moved this thread to the SC/3.2 section...for the connoisseurs of this model.

And never forget the 3.2 is the last 911 :ph34r::D

Hmmmmmm..................

in the first video, something is disconnected in the car as the distance is not ticking over

Note the Trip Meter ain't clicking over - reset while driving?

Yes I'm still annoyed with this situation from the weekend ......

Definitely an issue with his trip meter. I suppose that's the trade off, 20+ years old, things can wear out.

Hey Doish; sorry to hear about your weekend mishap. I had heard there could be issues with pushing the trip button whilst moving and luckily haven't had a problem to date. If seeking professional help, you could try Ringwood Speedometer on Whitehorse Rd. I got my clock repaired there once and know a few members have also had good results.

Guest Nick987

I know how you feel. I am the same. Got a scratch painted out of the door a few weeks back and now issue with window closing and a rattle from the 'repair'. Really dark and trying to find the time to get it sorted at the panel shop a real pain. Such a shit job...fix one thing and wreck another. <_<

On closer inspection; odometer not working either, so maybe at 178,000km on the clock he is thinking about mileage and resale value :ph34r:

Here's another one pushing the upper end of 260km. Odometer and trip in working order so I'm pretty sure he's not going backwards :D

Can't say I'd like to be holding onto a camera at that speed. Unfortunately no sound and firm suspension doesn't produce quality footage.

On closer inspection; odometer not working either, so maybe at 178,000km on the clock he is thinking about mileage and resale value :ph34r:

Here's another one pushing the upper end of 260km. Odometer and trip in working order so I'm pretty sure he's not going backwards :D

Can't say I'd like to be holding onto a camera at that speed. Unfortunately no sound and firm suspension doesn't produce quality footage.

Redline in top gear.................the things that dreams are made from!!!!!!!

Guest Nick987

Brave camera work! And hope unrestricted speed road or has shown his mug. Still...impressive for a not newish vehicle. Seemed very stable at that speed. Would love to see a 25 year old falcodore or nissatoyomazbaru attempt something like that.

Archived