987 Second Hand Parts / Wreckers

Bibbs

Cayman Parts Direct have been awesome in the past. They have an ebay store and although they are based in the US, they have many compatible parts. Usually taken from 987's when they were new (race car donors) . https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/cayman-parts-direct?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

I think I have a replacement for the silver trim (around the oil filler) somewhere in the garage. You're after the actual p[arcel shelf though right?.  

Thanks. Will keep an eye on them. 

Yes, was after the Boxster parcel shelf (the one with the cubby holes).

A new Cayman spoiler is ~$500 in parts from Porsche themselves. 

Cayman spoiler (lower): 987 504 623 00
Cayman spoiler (upper): 987 504 619 00
Oval HD screw (Qty: 7): 999 919 233 07

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Its probably the programming that cost the big $$. Takes all of 15 minutes on a PIWIS …..

No, that's $150. The h/w is $850. The head alone is over $500. The blade is over $300....  I kid you not! I think that's an entry for the "stealership" thread.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:59 PM, Philbee said:

How about a spare key....? I just quoted $1000 from PCB to get another key cut. That’s 1 key, folks! A 987.1 key. Even the spare parts guys giving me the quote laughed....

@Philbee, see my post under Projects and DIY for my 987 key story - all up cost less than 1/4 of what you were quoted from memory

16 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@Philbee, see my post under Projects and DIY for my 987 key story - all up cost less than 1/4 of what you were quoted from memory

Thanks mate, will check it out cos I'm no way paying 4 digits for a key!!

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:34 PM, asa572 said:

Thanks for this, unfortunatly I was on holiday and missed this reply. I managed to get the shelf from elsewhere cheaper, but the spoiler has now gone.

I've been in touch with them about a few other bits too.

Archived