Oz Porsche club office bearer perks??

Just a question for anyone that has been a President or VP of an Oz Porsche club, or may know of such things.  It's my understanding that presidents attend a meeting each year of all Oz Porsche clubs, paid for by Porsche Aust.  No problems with that at all. 

I've also heard there can be other international events which Porsche pay for club presidents and VPs to attend and participate.  If that is actually the case, I'd be interested in hearing what level of transparency with general members that clubs offer, or what level of general knowledge there is of such events, and whether the attendees generally report to members on such events.

Are you a member of your local club? 

Im in the NSW club, as a financial member we get the AGM notes, as well as the financials every year. 

The president did the Finland trip (I think) about a year or so back and then gave a presentation about it on a club night, so I think there's no issue around transparency for these things that I have seen. 

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

Are you a member of your local club? 

Im in the NSW club, as a financial member we get the AGM notes, as well as the financials every year. 

The president did the Finland trip (I think) about a year or so back and then gave a presentation about it on a club night, so I think there's no issue around transparency for these things that I have seen. 

Agree with edgy

i also believe they pay for their own transport there.

As @edgy mentions, all activities are pretty tightly monitored and minuted for all to see - personally, my position is that if someone wants to give up his/her free time and put up with all the whining and BS for a trip to a meeting - they earned it.

Its pretty easy to walk into a committee role - they are usually desperate for help

A President spends many many hours a week on club business for no financial return. You do it because you want to give something back and create a good environment & events for your members enjoyment. A bonus of being a Porsche club as opposed to another brand is that Porsche AG realize that a lot of their future business comes from the clubs and they actively support them in many ways. If those that put their hands up to do the top job in their respective clubs  get trip from Porsche for the annual Presidents meeting then that is small reward for the work done. As to transparency I think you'll find that any trips and Porsche support are disclosed (usually via the clubs magazine) and the members are aware of it and don't have an issue with it.

This is not politicians with their snouts in the trough.

PS Last years Aust Presidents meeting was held in Melbourne.

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

A President spends many many hours a week on club business for no financial return. You do it because you want to give something back and create a good environment & events for your members enjoyment. A bonus of being a Porsche club as opposed to another brand is that Porsche AG realize that a lot of their future business comes from the clubs and they actively support them in many ways. If those that put their hands up to do the top job in their respective clubs  get trip from Porsche for the annual Presidents meeting then that is small reward for the work done. As to transparency I think you'll find that any trips and Porsche support are disclosed (usually via the clubs magazine) and the members are aware of it and don't have an issue with it.

This is not politicians with their snouts in the trough.

PS Last years Aust Presidents meeting was held in Melbourne.

Agree with all this Airhead, not in any way suggesting the Presidents meeting is not warranted, nor that club Presidents don't put in many hours of work.  Have been Commodore of my yacht club and have held positions on many club & association committees (currently on about 4 at the moment) so I know what it's all about.  The level of transparency does vary between  clubs of all kinds though, and the good ones always make sure that all information is available :)

Archived